2011 Royal Hunt with DC Cooper

Good for them for getting that money, but it's too bad there are so many fans out there who just disbelieve that there is any other RH record/vocalist besides 'Paradox'/DC........if I were Andre I likely would have torn my phallus off and thrown it against the wall, in frustration..like that Japanese kid, except not down a well.....and for metal.

Am I the only person the feels like DC cooper isn't -that- great of a singer?

Am I the only person the feels like DC cooper isn't -that- great of a singer?

Alone2.jpg

In my opinion John West was the best singer Royal Hunt had, followed by Henrik Brockmann. Not taking anything away from DC but that is my opinion.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvO7ytgq2Gg&feature=related[/ame]

for me I prefer DC singing in Royal Hunt. Paradox is a desert island record for me. And this is coming from a HUGE John West fanboy.

This. Don't get me wrong, I love Paradox, but they have quite a bit of great material but it seems people never seem to talk about the other great material.

Agreed. My favorite Royal Hunt album is Fear, and The Mission (save the drums...yikes) is very good, as well. Paradox is great, but it's not the be all, end all of Royal Hunt's career.

Moving Target is the best one to me not a bad song on the album, i don't really care who the singer is I like there same sounding songs on every album. The only albums i think are just ok are the first two Land,and Clown (maybe i should listen to them again it has been many years)

No, Paradox isn't the only album, but it is my personal favorite of the bands. Because of that, hearing DC sing it is obviously going to be preferred. I don't know how everyone liked the RH performance at PP, but it was just ok for me. I'm not hung up DC being the only possible singer for RH...but I know it's been a great combination in the past.

They really need to record one of these shows for a DVD! I hope this is a permanent thing and not just a reunion tour. This might put RH back on the map as they really have lost a bit in terms of appeal lately.

DC sounds great and he really appears to be at home when performing with RH. Awesome

via www.melodicrock.com :

Royal Hunt is getting ready to enter the NorthPoint studio to record a new – yet untitled – album, a follow up to their latest one – X – which came out in 2010. Music's been described a "full-fledged return to that classic RH sound" which put the band on the map in the first place, all the way back in 1991. Album´s expected to be released in December 2011 through Marquee/Avalon (Japan and SE Asia) and Frontiers Records (rest of the world).
Royal Hunt´s current line-up: Andre Andersen (keyboards), DC Cooper (vocals), Allan Sorensen (drums), Andreas Passmark (bass) and Jonas Larsen (guitar).

From Mark Boals Facebook: "For anyone interested, I am not affiliated with ROYAL HUNT anymore."

Nuts....I'd love to see another Silent Force cd than DC recording with Royal Hunt again. I love Royal Hunt, but to me, they didn't lose a step when John West and later Mark Boals stepped in as vocalists...unfortunately, there probably isn't a Silent Force without DC.

Nuts....I'd love to see another Silent Force cd than DC recording with Royal Hunt again. I love Royal Hunt, but to me, they didn't lose a step when John West and later Mark Boals stepped in as vocalists...unfortunately, there probably isn't a Silent Force without DC.

As much as I loved the last Silent Force album (and it was the only one I really loved from them), I'd rather see if RH and DC can recreate some of that old magic. Besides, what Alex Beyrodt and David Readman are doing in Voodoo Circle isn't too far removed from Silent Force.