2011 Royal Hunt with DC Cooper

I'll buy Royal Hunt no matter who they trot out there as a singer. Paradox is definitely my favorite, but honesty it has as much to do with the writing on that album as it does DC Cooper. When they say it will be a "return to the original form of the band's music", I'm hearing more neo-classical shredding, less focus on the lengthy, epic songs. (Personally, I thought "X" already DID this, but we'll see what they've got.)

:zombie: I don't know about that...Silent Force was metal, where Voodoo Circle is classic rock in a Rainbow/Deep Purple style. To my ears, VERY different. Oh well....everybody hears things differently, I guess.

I'll second that. Silent Force is pretty much melodic power metal, while Voodoo Circle is much more hard rock, and on the latest one, more bluesy, 70s style. Very different bands for me.

:zombie: I don't know about that...Silent Force was metal, where Voodoo Circle is classic rock in a Rainbow/Deep Purple style. To my ears, VERY different. Oh well....everybody hears things differently, I guess.

Yeah, it's got that Rainbow vibe, but Beyrodt is still tearing it up and Readman has a vocal style similar to DC's. Not bad as substitutes go!

I love Royal Hunt's distinctive sound. Paper Blood is my favorite, but I like this too!

+1 Loved Paper Blood!!! One of my favorite Royal Hunt songs.

Corsair, Having seen DC live and heard his solo work and his work with Silent Force I can say he's one of my favorite voices in Metal. Check out Worlds Apart or Infatuator.

Last edited by a moderator:
From www.melodicrock.com :

"Royal Hunt's new album (estimated release - Dec 2011, Frontiers Records) has been titled Show Me How to Live and will contain these following tracks: One More Day – Another Man Down – An Empty Shell ll – Half Past Loneliness – Hard Rain's Coming – Show Me How to Live – Angels Gone. The band described new material as "highly melodic with rich, lush arrangements and stellar production" which should please fans of neoclassical yet progressive music. Featuring DC Cooper on vocals."

royalhunt-2011.jpg

Royal Hunt: Show Me How to Live cover artwork revealed. The band is putting finishing touches on their new album at the NorthPoint Productions Studio and is getting ready to mix their new material shortly at Roasting House Studio in Sweden. Mastering shores will be handled by Jan Eliasson at Audio Planet Mastering.

royalhunt-showmehowtolive.jpg

ROYAL HUNT will release a double DVD entitled Future Coming From The Past on November 29th in North America and December 2nd in Europe. The album will accompany the release of the band’s newest album Show Me How To live, which will be released on the same dates via Frontier Records.

The band has released a teaser trailer for the DVD. Watch the video below:

Last edited by a moderator: