2011 Royal Hunt with DC Cooper

ROYAL HUNT will release a double DVD entitled Future Coming From The Past on November 29th in North America and December 2nd in Europe. The album will accompany the release of the band’s newest album Show Me How To live, which will be released on the same dates via Frontier Records.

The band has released a teaser trailer for the DVD. Watch the video below:

Looks cool, but who the hell decided to paste the video in a computer generated theater? Just seems very odd.

Last edited by a moderator:
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/171907 :

Frontiers Records has announced the worldwide release on November 14th of 'Hard Rain's Coming', the first single taken from the forthcoming 11th ROYAL HUNT studio album, Show Me How To Live.

The single will only be available digitally. It will also include an unreleased live version of 'Martial Arts', recorded at the ProgPower Festival 2009 in the US.

The first sample from the new Royal Hunt single can be heard below:
http://www.frontiers.it/m/uploads/audios/royal_hunt_-_hard_rain_s_coming_sample.mp3

Royal Hunt have uploaded studio reports dealing with the recording of Show Me How To Live. Check them out below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for this.. though I wonder what actually happened to Mark?

Corsair, I'm not in the DC-worship camp either...I do really enjoy all the vocalists RH has had, I listen to those things called songs, though....and really, there are a good amount of songs on the post-DC albums which are just better, more evolved, more realized, then of the MT/Paradox era......

Can't wait to get home and listen.

I always hate press releases like this, though. "back to the throne".. "rejuvenated"...as if John West and Mark Boals are not massive, massive singers and as if the songwriting on 'Paper Blood', 'Paradox II' etc isn't worthy of all the praise one would throw at it. No, according to the fans - or what the record companies and promoters think is according to the fans, at least - success all hinges completely on whether a certain guy sings/plays guitar/etc for the band in question.

Can't wait to get home and listen.

I always hate press releases like this, though. "back to the throne".. "rejuvenated"...as if John West and Mark Boals are not massive, massive singers and as if the songwriting on 'Paper Blood', 'Paradox II' etc isn't worthy of all the praise one would throw at it. No, according to the fans - or what the record companies and promoters think is according to the fans, at least - success all hinges completely on whether a certain guy sings/plays guitar/etc for the band in question.

Paper Blood was pretty bad. That's the album that made me a non-fan, at least till now.

Paper Blood was pretty bad. That's the album that made me a non-fan, at least till now.

ahhh. I only hate 'Kiss of Faith' and the Death Magnetic mastering, but I thought PB was great...OK, well what about 'Fear' or 'The Mission' or 'Collision Course' or 'X'....? There has to be something in there you would dig. The band just can't be about one guy... besides Andre, that is :loco: :p

ahhh. I only hate 'Kiss of Faith' and the Death Magnetic mastering, but I thought PB was great...OK, well what about 'Fear' or 'The Mission' or 'Collision Course' or 'X'....? There has to be something in there you would dig. The band just can't be about one guy... besides Andre, that is :loco: :p

Fear and The Mission were very solid albums. The problem is that Andre Anderssen's songwriting is pretty formulaic. It's easier to look past that when someone like DC Cooper is singing. Less so when it's John West or Mark Boals, decent as they are.