2013 Festival Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
If we sell 80 more tickets, then ProgPower USA 2013 is a go. That doesn’t mean a sell-out for this year, but I will have hit my comfort zone for at least one more year. If you want the traditional roster video announcement at the festival this year, then we need to hit that mark by the end of this month.

Cool... I added one new person last year who will be returning this year, I've got one other person who is a very good prospect for this year, and about 4 who say they would like to go but are probably full of shit! :yell:

1) Great News! Glad to hear that there's a good chance we're back at PP in 2013.

2) You may not want to answer, but I'm curious how you work this. Have you been contacting bands all along on a tentative festival basis, or are you waiting until you hit the target before starting the entire process? I know you usually begin booking a lot earlier, and I can't imagine starting at the end of July and getting all the bands booked, as well as getting the video created, in only 6 weeks.

Either way, looking forward to Sept for my 11th PP, and to (fingers crossed) Sept 2013.

Steve in Philly

Cool... I added one new person last year who will be returning this year, I've got one other person who is a very good prospect for this year, and about 4 who say they would like to go but are probably full of shit! :yell:

haha this is my situation every year! I've got about 4 people talking like they, maybe this announcement will help a little.

That sinks it - I am buying a Saturday night 1 day ticket for my 8 year old son to come with me. Mystic Prophecy and Pretty Maids are right in his wheelhouse. He likes Sinbreed, so seeing Beyond the Bridge will be fun for him. Assuming he doesn't pass out, I think he'll enjoy Symphony X. Maybe he'll surprise me and like it all, as i typically wind up doing.

Wish he could go both nights... but he's a little young for back-to-back music marathons. So someone else needs to buy a Friday one-nighter to get us 1 full ticket closer to Glenn's number.

That sinks it - I am buying a Saturday night 1 day ticket for my 8 year old son to come with me. Mystic Prophecy and Pretty Maids are right in his wheelhouse. He likes Sinbreed, so seeing Beyond the Bridge will be fun for him. Assuming he doesn't pass out, I think he'll enjoy Symphony X. Maybe he'll surprise me and like it all, as i typically wind up doing.

Wish he could go both nights... but he's a little young for back-to-back music marathons. So someone else needs to buy a Friday one-nighter to get us 1 full ticket closer to Glenn's number.

That's extremely awesome.

I know there will be at least two more Tix sold this month on my side.

What - one each for your humongo Manowar-inspired Conan arms?

Seriously - with biceps that huge, how do you move quickly enough to shred? You defy physics - really, you do.

Look forward to seeing you guys at PPUSA - missed y'all last year.

Seriously - with biceps that huge, how do you move quickly enough to shred? You defy physics - really, you do.

You realize he looks nothing like that in real life, right? :lol:

You realize he looks nothing like that in real life, right? :lol:

You know how lots of women have mastered the art of the 'angle' on a photo? well lets just say this was a priceless shot from 2007, haha!

Now Conan from Cage is a different story. haha but nahh, keith and aaron will be getting theirs soon... hopefully some of the friends and rents will be tagging along as well.

To my ProgPower Family, here's a personal challenge to you all: Everyone who can swing one extra ticket, just buy it now. BUY ONE EXTRA TICKET IF YOU CAN!

People, we cannot be this close to losing our festival and not make that final push to Victory! Honestly, what else would we do the following September?

We would ALL be at home, POUTING. And you know, that's just not very Metal at all.

Please, let's give Glenn one last hurrah if that's what it's going to be. There are so many other bands I'm dying to see in this lifetime. I AM BUYING AN EXTRA TICKET RIGHT NOW. :headbang::headbang:

So I was in FYE today picking up the new Periphery when I noticed they have broken their metal out into its own section. "Awesome!" I says to myself as I being perusing. I snagged the new Sabaton, Ihsahn, and Demon Hunter while I was there. Some guy walked in and was looking at Leaves Eyes and stuff similar to it, so I totally walking billboarded myself as I happened to be wearing my PP XI shirt. He'd never heard of the fest, but he was getting excited reading all the bands off the back.

I don't know if it'll amount to a sale (probably not) but I did spread the word to someone who previously did not know, and that can't hurt. There's really only one thing I'm extroverted about, and it's metal, and particularly evangelizing PPUSA.

Definitely will be buying another ticket this month. WAY too many bands I would love to see on the stage at Progpower that haven't played yet. We gotta keep this thing going!

Status
Not open for further replies.