$7.99 new Blind Guardian mp3

Yep, completely understood. However, I thought you might have more of an explanation to give since you did make such a comment in the last version of this thread.

Exactly, hence why I didn't make such comment in this thread. I think I have already stated my opinion on the matter a few times. There was no need to repeat it. ;)

skyrefuge said:
It's just funny how this thread is an exact repeat of that one. Someone makes a post about a good deal, several people jump in for no reason at all to proclaim that they don't like mp3s, and then someone points out how odd it was for those people to jump in.

It's difficult to prevent plagiarism with the internet, isn't it? :lol:

*BARGES INTO THE ROOM* i will always pay more for a CD, simply because i know there is cost in the physical product not just the studio time to record it. :) *STORMS OUT OF THE ROOM!* hahaha

Exactly, hence why I didn't make such comment in this thread. I think I have already stated my opinion on the matter a few times. There was no need to repeat it. ;)

It's difficult to prevent plagiarism with the internet, isn't it? :lol:

Agreed. in retrospect I should have done the same. What it comes down to is this. We agree to disagree. I like Cd's always will. I don't have to explain why to anyone but myself. If you like mp3's , same thing. I just think it's comical that Neil gets into long post/ rants on a part of the thread that was satirical in its origin. Make you say "hmmmm"

you could see where those bands sit on the shelves from 2 counties away

I smell what the Rock is cooking!!!
CDs001.jpg

CDs.jpg

CDs002.jpg

Fall2007104.jpg

Fall2007105.jpg

Ebayrecords005.jpg

Agreed. in retrospect I should have done the same. What it comes down to is this. We agree to disagree. I like Cd's always will. I don't have to explain why to anyone but myself. If you like mp3's , same thing. I just think it's comical that Neil gets into long post/ rants on a part of the thread that was satirical in its origin. Make you say "hmmmm"

The problem is that agreeing to disagree just isn't enough for him. It's a tiresome crusade for the glory of MP3s.

*BARGES INTO THE ROOM* i will always pay more for a CD, simply because i know there is cost in the physical product not just the studio time to record it. :) *STORMS OUT OF THE ROOM!* hahaha

Eliminating the manufacturing of the packaging it would put more money into your artist's pockets instead of the record company. After all, it doesn't take that much time to upload the master album to an online retailer. So, in essence, your barging into the "room" to support the people that put the cd together and into the boxes for shipping is commendable.

Of course, all this is tongue in cheek... so I can post this again -> :hotjump:

I usually post what I think are good deals here in case someone is interested. In today's economy (that bastard that has prevented me from continuing my PP experience for 2 years now) I'll save money where I can. I'm sure there's a few metal fans here that are in my boat as well and wouldn't mind spending $7.99 for an album they're going to RIP to mp3 ANYWAY to put it on their choice of mp3 player instead of $12-14.99 retail.

Except that I rip to FLAC and transcode to other formats for portable players.

I do buy MP3s from Amazon from time to time, but for stuff that I don't care as much for and when it is cheap ($5 an album or less).

Eliminating the manufacturing of the packaging it would put more money into your artist's pockets instead of the record company. After all, it doesn't take that much time to upload the master album to an online retailer. So, in essence, your barging into the "room" to support the people that put the cd together and into the boxes for shipping is commendable.

Of course, all this is tongue in cheek... so I can post this again -> :hotjump:

you lost me at "eliminating the manufacturing" que? don't bother talking to me about anything other than CDs. i don't hear anything in "download speak" hahaha. ;)

also you are fooling yourself if you think that by eliminating costs on the label's end more goes into the artist's pocket. get serious. have you ever SEEN a record contract?

Hmm? Do you not see the posts from The_Q and TwizstedJesus? Pure reactionary "CDs rule, mp3s drool!" stuff. Combine that with Palabra's more joking take, and it's one helpful offer post followed immediately by three unrelated "mp3s suck" posts. Since that's the exact thing that happened in the last thread I referenced, I don't think it was particularly self-righteous of me to point out this recurring oddity.

Neil

If you can't catch the humor in my illegal download comment, you truly are being a self righteous prick, looking for battles where there are none.We get the point, you like mp3 over cd's. Quit trying to force it up everybodys ass! You can't even read threads now if you prefer cd's over mp3, since its a MP3 thread???Geezus everybody is so fucking defensive around here! I jokingly refer to downloading it illegally and if 'm not mistaken, there is no Mp3 sucks references in my comment. The Amazon comment is due to the $8000 charge that appeared on my credit card after I purchased something at Amazon for $4.00 (no, it wasn't an mp3 download haha) You should be a preacher, skyrefuge, since you so proudly preach your views while denouncing others. You'd make the Church proud

HEY GUYS REMEMBER WHEN THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT BLIND GUARDIAN'S MP3 VERSION OF THE ALBUM WAS ON SALE ON AMAZON.COM? COULD YOU ALL PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THIS STUPID ARGUMENT? HAS ANYONE SEEN MY CAPSLOCK KEY?

seriously you're all the biggest bunch of trolls trolling trolling trolls I've ever seen.

And I basically live on reddit.

So it wouldn't be funny if I said something like..."FUCK BLIND GUARDIAN, especially the Mp3 version! The band sucks and so do mp3's".

Yeah, it was a joke, guys fyi

you lost me at "eliminating the manufacturing" que? don't bother talking to me about anything other than CDs. i don't hear anything in "download speak" hahaha. ;)

also you are fooling yourself if you think that by eliminating costs on the label's end more goes into the artist's pocket. get serious. have you ever SEEN a record contract?

see my "tongue in cheek comment" ->:hotjump:

Good to know they're outdated, which means there's hope. Because not having all of your Novembers Doom CDs signed by every member of the band would seriously make me questions your fanboyism. :lol:

Ha! I am actually not too big of an autograph guy.

I see those guys around enough where I could easily get them all signed, but honestly never bothered.

The only reason the one CD is signed is because most of those were signed before distributed.