70000 TONS OF METAL CRUISE

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
HOLY SMOKES!!! :headbang:

TROUBLE, AMON AMARTH and SODOM are among the confirmed bands for the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise, which is set to sail from Miami, Florida to Cozumel, Mexico on January 24, 2011 and return four days later.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

AMON AMARTH
SODOM
SONATA ARCTICA
STRATOVARIUS
TROUBLE
WITCHBURNER

A posting on the festival's web site reads, "Imagine starting the year in style. In January 2011, when everyone else is stuck with cold weather, snow and rain, 40 heavy metal bands and 2,000 fans will take over a luxury cruise ship in the Caribbean for a five-day and four-night trip of a lifetime.

"Tons of onboard live shows on several indoor and outdoor stages, open-mic nights, bars that never close, a fun- and sun-filled day on the beautiful island of Cozumel and an opportunity to mingle side-by-side with the artists in this incredibly fan-friendly scenario that has no comparison.

"It's like everyone has a backstage pass. You might even need a vacation from this vacation when all is said and done!"

For more information, visit www.70000tons.com.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this sounds like it could end up hurting the Triton Power Cruise badly.

Obviously it would depend on price and other logistics, but the lineup is already strong.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but this sounds like it could end up hurting the Triton Power Cruise badly.

Obviously it would depend on price and other logistics, but the lineup is already strong.

Well, can you really compare?
The Triton Cruise has a good lineup, but it certainly does not appeal to the masses.

This has some powerhouses! :headbang:

Well, can you really compare?
The Triton Cruise has a good lineup, but it certainly does not appeal to the masses.

This has some powerhouses! :headbang:

I think you can compare, yes. Triton doesn't appeal to the masses, but it caters to the same audience if you think about it.

I mean, we're not looking at a Ozzfest-ProgPower type of comparison, you know?

Sure, I think the majority of the Triton fanbase would be interested in this.

I think there are a lot of Amon Amarth / Trouble fans who would not be interested in Triton.

This is going to be a more diverse lineup.

That's all I am saying. No disrespect to Triton at all. I think that's a cool lineup, but just more zoning in on prog and power.

Sure, I think the majority of the Triton fanbase would be interested in this.

I think there are a lot of Amon Amarth / Trouble fans who would not be interested in Triton.

This is going to be a more diverse lineup.

That's all I am saying. No disrespect to Triton at all. I think that's a cool lineup, but just more zoning in on prog and power.

Agreed. I mean no disrespect to Triton either. I wanna see what the final lineup for 70000 Tons of Metal is, though. If they decided to go heavy on the prog and power bands, the future of Triton *may* be compromised imo.

Yeah, I too am worried about the future of Triton Power Cruise if this gets Power/Prog heavy...

But, the inner fan in me is screaming: HOLY SHIT I WANNA GO.

Already, the lineup is awesome. With 40 bands total? :OMG: I'm very interested in seeing who the other 34 bands are.

I know when people first started talking about metal cruises I shit on the idea...but if the rest of the lineup is anything like this, this might be fuckin' sweet!

That said, without more information about who the organizer is and their promotional history, I'm skeptical as hell about all this.

Did you see the prices? Almost everyone here has complained that Triton is too expensive. Amazing....

Did you see the prices? Almost everyone here has complained that Triton is too expensive. Amazing....

Yep, it's pricey. Looks like it would be a lot of fun...although it was a not-really-swimming-weather 37F in Miami yesterday morning. (!)

Maybe I can afford it after my mortgage re-fi goes through........nahh, probably not.

yes, but Triton doesn't have 40 bands that cater to such a wide audience.

weighing the options:

10 bands for just over $700 as the minimum?

or

40 bands for just over $900 as the minimum?

I reiterate what others have said, I mean no disrespect to Triton Power Cruise. I'm merely stating why paying so much for the 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise seems more reasonable.

The question though is if the other bands named will be any good. These could just be the cream of the crop and a lot of crap in between. Hard to tell and like some have mentioned, isn't the new Trouble singer pretty bad?

yes, but Triton doesn't have 40 bands that cater to such a wide audience.

weighing the options:

10 bands for just over $700 as the minimum?

or

40 bands for just over $900 as the minimum?

I reiterate what others have said, I mean no disrespect to Triton Power Cruise. I'm merely stating why paying so much for the 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise seems more reasonable.

Actually, Triton is all inclusive (Taxes, Gratuity Booking $55.00) at $705.00.

70000 Tons of metal asks you to add another $249 for the same thing. That means the least expensive option starts at $1115.00 I too have to wonder if we get 7 top notch bands and then God knows what else!

And of course I mean no disrespect to interested parties either! :)

Actually, Triton is all inclusive (Taxes, Gratuity Booking $55.00) at $705.00.

70000 Tons of metal asks you to add another $249 for the same thing. That means the least expensive option starts at $1115.00 I too have to wonder if we get 7 top notch bands and then God knows what else!

And of course I mean no disrespect to interested parties either! :)

that's like comparing a normal show to a festival like ProgPower in terms of ticket price.
70000 Tons of Metal has 4 times the number of bands. Of course it's going to be more expensive.