70000 TONS OF METAL CRUISE

While I too would love Simone tanning or in my bed, I really want to go rock out and need to find some metal heads who got enough coin to split a room. Would I love to split a room with three lovelies, sure, but I need paying bodies to help finance this rock n roll cruise.

I did some quick math, and as an early bird registered person (book before Feb 28th) I can get 10% off the total charge if you do the prepayment plan or 15% if everyone pays their full fourth of the total up front when I book it.

So the four person cheapest room would be $823.50 a person after the 10% discount or $778 up front per person to prepay for four. The payment plan they offer is 25% up front (205.88 per person), then $205.88 per person due the dates of April 15th, June 15th, and the last payment on August 15th.

I would also consider upgrading to a bit more expensive room if only one other person was interested in splitting it and was solo.

While I too would love Simone tanning or in my bed, I really want to go rock out and need to find some metal heads who got enough coin to split a room. Would I love to split a room with three lovelies, sure, but I need paying bodies to help finance this rock n roll cruise.

I did some quick math, and as an early bird registered person (book before Feb 28th) I can get 10% off the total charge if you do the prepayment plan or 15% if everyone pays their full fourth of the total up front when I book it.

So the four person cheapest room would be $823.50 a person after the 10% discount or $778 up front per person to prepay for four. The payment plan they offer is 25% up front (205.88 per person), then $205.88 per person due the dates of April 15th, June 15th, and the last payment on August 15th.

I would also consider upgrading to a bit more expensive room if only one other person was interested in splitting it and was solo.

ok, so let me get this straight. I'm doing this for my own sanity. The cheapest price is $823.50 per person or $3400 altogether?(823 x 4). The reason i ask, is because on your last reply you made it sound like it would be $3400 for each person

if its $823 I might be able to get some friends to do this with me :D

ok, so let me get this straight. I'm doing this for my own sanity. The cheapest price is $823.50 per person or $3400 altogether?(823 x 4). The reason i ask, is because on your last reply you made it sound like it would be $3400 for each person

if its $823 I might be able to get some friends to do this with me :D

Metalheads doing math = :lol:

As much as i wish we could, we can not commit to either of these cruises, both, Triton, and 70000 tons are just to expensive for the 6 of us to go, plus the cancellation fees are just outrageous, and with my better-halfs work schedule and my Son-In law being Military well you get the point, we would have had to probably cancel. We will just stick with going to ProgPower as it waaaaaaaaayyyyy less expensive than the two cruises.

Eh, they're going faster than Rocklahoma is. 3 months till the festival and NO bands are listed yet.

Even Wacken in August of this year hasn't got all the bands listed yet, and the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise is January 2011. I would say most bands will be listed by late spring.

Also general public onsale hasnt started yet, only those who signed up and registered for the pre-sale.

Eh, they're going faster than Rocklahoma is. 3 months till the festival and NO bands are listed yet.

Even Wacken in August of this year hasn't got all the bands listed yet, and the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise is January 2011. I would say most bands will be listed by late spring.

Also general public onsale hasnt started yet, only those who signed up and registered for the pre-sale.

Never mind then. For some reason I thought it was going to be late spring.

They have all bands confirmed, they're just letting them out slowly to build anticipation. It won't make a difference for ticket sales that it's bit by bit, there is at least one class already sold out and general tickets haven't even gone on sale yet. The highest listed band now is Amon Amarth, but that isn't a headliner at all....the headliners are going to be undeniably big.

(talked on the phone yesterday to one of the guys doing the booking)

I think this whole thing sounds totally awesome but something in the back of mind has a problem with this. Your paying in advance maybe a couple grand for a show, put on by an agency I've never heard of, almost a year away. Credit card companies will cover you 60 maybe 90 days after the charge but not 12 months after it. I'm going to talk with them Monday and see if I can buy some sort of trip insurance or something. Anyone else have any background on these guys? Have they put on other cruises?
Aaron

The guy on the phone actually highly suggested insurance, and it says that on the website.

The bands have the cruise listed on their website, and the sponsors are legit.

They're in a pricey area of Vancouver, my dad lives there and I'm going to get him to swing by the address and see if things look legit. I'm a bit wary as well, this seemed to come out of nowhere and somehow they land these big bands - but apparently there have been rumblings about this for quite a while, my friend registered for updates way back before I had ever heard of it.

I think this whole thing sounds totally awesome but something in the back of mind has a problem with this. Your paying in advance maybe a couple grand for a show, put on by an agency I've never heard of, almost a year away. Credit card companies will cover you 60 maybe 90 days after the charge but not 12 months after it. I'm going to talk with them Monday and see if I can buy some sort of trip insurance or something. Anyone else have any background on these guys? Have they put on other cruises?
Aaron

Biggest problem I have with this as well. It sort of has the feel anyway, of one of those festivals that will gather up a bunch of tickets, and then fall apart at the end. Not that I want this to happen or anything, just has that feeling.

Well, I really wanted to go to this but after the Rock Gone Wild burn I incurred, and we've decided to have our wedding on 1-11-11 then go to Thailand and SE Asia for 10 days it means I couldn't go anyway. I hope it occurs and is cool, but looks like I am getting the green light to maybe pick a two week European jaunt and hit a festival or two then in the summer.

None of the announced bands of the 70000 tons cruise are the headlining acts. There are some big names to come.

For what it's worth, I called Royal Caribbean today, and everything looks in order. I started out pretty paranoid, but...

-People are buying tickets
-Bands have confirmed the cruise
-Sponsors have confirmed the cruise
-The cruise company has confirmed the cruise

So I think we can safely say it's not a scam, worst case scenario is it doesn't sell enough tickets and people are on the ball with travel insurance.

So outside of the bands already mentioned, I read the new issue and Revolver and there's an ad that says Saxon!!!!! and Uli Jon Roth will be playing this as well. Now I'm trying to see if there's a way at some point I can do this as Saxon is the last band off my must see list. Hmm...