A NEW PROGPOWER 4 THREAD! he he he

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Reading Mr. Harvester last post. I was inspired to start a new thread. He said he likes to throw in an Oddball band, a band that rocks, but doesn't quite fit the Prog Power mold. So I wanna know, who would be everyone's oddball pick for Prog Power 4. Personally, I think a "Stuck Mojo" reunion would rock the fucking place down!!! Declaration of a headhunter, In my humble opinion is a masterpiece, that CD mixes all the best genres of Metal into one exciting package. I am sure I will get slammed for my love of that CD.Anyways, I think they live in Atlanta, and I heard they are awesome live performers!! Other than them, I think Anathema would be cool as well. What are everyone else's suggestions

I don't know - I'd love to see Rush play, although they aren't "oddball" to the roster.

Maybe some prog-death would be nice -

Atheist (reunion)
Pestilence (reunion)
Opeth

That may be un-realistic.

Just have Shadow Gallery and Rush play, I say!
:cool:

Enough of the Shadow Gallery already! ; )
Those guys probably CAN'T reproduce their stuff in a live setting.
/sarcasm on

I'm sure it's MUCH too complicated
/sarcasm off

The PERFECT odd band out for PP IV would be Freak Kitchen.
Think about it!

JW

I for one would give just about anything to see more of the harder-edged prog/power/metal bands make an appearance.

Who you ask?

Bands like Opeth (already mentioned on this board numerous times), Dragonlord, Summoning, Thyrfing, etc. I realize it looks like I'm asking for black/pagan/folk metal fest (hmm? :eek: not a bad idea...), but their music is far from easily genre-ized.

On the more standard note, I'd love to see Elvenking, Labyrinth, Virgin Steele and Eminem. Ok, just kidding about that last part. :D

Metalages, sorry I didn't respond to your email from a couple days ago...to answer your question: www.metaljudgement.com is NOT my site, just one that I happen to have stumbled upon a few years ago and fell in love with. They're based in NYC, so it's a good way for me to read concert reviews of shows I can't make myself. Plus, the 3 main reviewers (Abyss, Death, Hel) are superb. Abyss in particular is hilarious! But the site never fails to amuse and entertain me.

Did I mention how much Elvenking rules? :D

Originally posted by MetalAges
Damn it I want to see Poison there! Nuthinnnnnn, but a goooooood timee!

(NOT!)

How about a Triumph the Dog appearance??

Good God, can you imagine Triumph The Insult Comic making an appearance in Atlanta? I'll go nose to nose with that mutt! LOL
AND probably get my ass kicked! But it'd be well worth it!

JW
"What? Are you a Korean guy in there or what?"

Iced Earth
Bal Sagoth
Evergrey
Rhapsody
Soilwork
White Skull
Elvenking
Lost Horizon
Autumn Tears
Labyrinth

I'll pay an easy grand to see that line up.

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Iced Earth
Bal Sagoth
Evergrey
Rhapsody
Soilwork
White Skull
Elvenking
Lost Horizon
Autumn Tears
Labyrinth

I'll pay an easy grand to see that line up.

Few of those are "Oddball bands ... bands that rock, but don't quite fit the Prog Power mold."

-matt

Originally posted by DT Jesus

Few of those are "Oddball bands ... bands that rock, but don't quite fit the Prog Power mold."

-matt

You wouldn't consider Autumn Tears, Soilwork, and Bal Sagoth to be "Oddball bands ... bands that rock, but don't quite fit the Prog Power mold." ??