A very hard thing to do

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Folks;

There are times in life where choices need to be made. My problem is this: As many of you know, my fiancee is coming from the other side of the world. A lot of plans were made so everything would be fine, and I would be bringing her with me to PPUSA.

The problems we ran into were several: The US Embassy in Hong Kong delayed her visa request to to a miscommunication between the HKPD, the Philippine Government (Where she is originally from) and the US Embassy. Furthermore, she was asked by her employer to stay until mid-October. So, now she won't be arriving here until th 15th. To make matters worse, I am having new stuff delivered for me at the end of next week (Thursday afternoon). To top it off, my status for getting the two days off that I requested for PPUSA remains "pending" (Sorry, that was my future Queen on the horn). The more I bang my head, and spin "Unia" on my CD player, and ponder this, there is only one conclusion I can come up with.

I have to skip PPUSA this season.

This kills me because I was so looking forward to meeting all of you for the first time, and gain the experience that PPUSA is known for. But, sometimes, real life takes precedence. Having the woman of your dreams come into your arms for the rest of your life surely does that.

I hope this does not mean I forfeit the Gold Badges, since I am not going to sell or give them away, for we would love to come next season.

Peace,
Ray C.

In order to have gold badges, if they're in your name, is to pick them up yourself, I believe. I think. I dunno. Better let the experts or glenn answer this.

Anyway, that BLOWS that you'll have to miss it with your wife this year. Thats ok, I'll be around next year for you to bump into, and i'm going to be on the lookout for you at IX, since I also will not be coming in this year.

I think the only requirement for ensuring the perpetuation of your Gold Badge status is to purchase them during the allotted time before tickets are on sale. In other words, I don't think it matters if you pick them up or not, so long as you've paid for them. (which we all did months ago)

Sorry to hear you won't be able to join us, but it's understandable! Sometimes it just happens that way.. If there's a chance that things change, hopefully you can still come out at the last minute! If you do get the time off from work, maybe a friend can be at your home to receive the new stuff..? Good luck, man!

Thanks a lot, guys. But, I still don't have any confimations on the days needed. SO, I hope all you guys enjoy yourselves and have one on me. :kickass: