Agalloch

Nidstang

The Melancholy Spirit
Oct 18, 2011
Canadaland
Do you think ProgPower would ever have them come to preform?Since they seem to be having other bands that arent really per ce prog or power.
I do think agalloch has enough prog to keep the prog fans happy. I've seen them once and they were amazing, a very spiritual experiance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha im glad.

If you ever get a chance to see them live, do so.
Its a show you really wouldnt want to miss at all.

Here's a vid of them live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if they would fit 'the bill', but I'd be all over them-- saw them at the DOTE festival in 2005 in Toronto and in Atlanta earlier this year-- great, great band, both studio-wise and live.

Here's their old drummer Chris(?) the morning after in Toronto, while at breakfast (he's on the left):

medusabreakfast.jpg

I didnt think Primordial or Solution .45 would really fit the bill either for powerprog and hey they're on the bill for next year XD
They'd be a great addition in my opinion.

I didnt think Primordial or Solution .45 would really fit the bill either for powerprog and hey they're on the bill for next year XD
They'd be a great addition in my opinion.

I also don't get how they "don't fit the bill" yet bands like Arcturus, Oceans of Sadness, Primordial," etc. have been booked in the past. I would LOVE to see them at Progpower or anywhere else for that matter.

They were TERRIFIC in Atlanta. The not-so-local-opening band Loss was also great. :kickass:

That was probably the best-sounding show I've heard in at least 5 years, which is important for Agalloch since a 'mushy' sound would really kill their precise guitar tones. How often does a headlining band single out the venue's sound-guy for praise? :yow:

I can't see Glenn bringing them to PP because they wouldn't bring too much to the table -- they DO tour, so it wouldn't be an exclusive show or anything -- but I'd love to see 'em. And I hope to see them again.

They were TERRIFIC in Atlanta. The not-so-local-opening band Loss was also great. :kickass:

That was probably the best-sounding show I've heard in at least 5 years, which is important for Agalloch since a 'mushy' sound would really kill their precise guitar tones. How often does a headlining band single out the venue's sound-guy for praise? :yow:

I can't see Glenn bringing them to PP because they wouldn't bring too much to the table -- they DO tour, so it wouldn't be an exclusive show or anything -- but I'd love to see 'em. And I hope to see them again.

I suppose they 'tour'....but it's like 10 shows a year max, and the majority of those are festival dates...

Hoping to make it to MDF to see them next year. Was out of town for their Atlanta date. Fortunately will be seeing Loss in few months time!

I suppose they 'tour'....but it's like 10 shows a year max, and the majority of those are festival dates...

Hoping to make it to MDF to see them next year. Was out of town for their Atlanta date. Fortunately will be seeing Loss in few months time!

Agree. Agree. Agree. Agree.

These guys are a bucket list band for me. I'll be at MDF no question. You just better have the money/time/patience/nerve/balls/wherewithal to make it too.

But Rites is going to FUCKING INCREDIBLE. :wave:

I also don't get how they "don't fit the bill" yet bands like Arcturus, Oceans of Sadness, Primordial," etc. have been booked in the past.

Well, Arcturus is basically a prog-metal band, and Oceans of Sadness is pretty much a regular melodic metal band with growls, while Agalloch comes from a rather different sphere, an earthy, pagan sphere where there is no direct line back to either Iron Maiden or Rush. But yeah, that's the same sphere Primordial comes from, so since Primordial is a go, I see no reason why Agalloch wouldn't be. Only difficulty (besides their somewhat lesser exclusivity) is that they'd nearly be at headliner status these days rather than mid-card oddball, so I'm not sure if that would work (but I guess growly Amorphis headlined, so...)

Neil

Only difficulty (besides their somewhat lesser exclusivity) is that they'd nearly be at headliner status these days rather than mid-card oddball, so I'm not sure if that would work (but I guess growly Amorphis headlined, so...)

Neil

I do agree with that, but at the same time, I could see them being at a similar slot to what Ihsahn was at.