Altanta--shafted for Heavy Metal shows?

I'll go to any show that has a band I enjoy, even if they have a 30 minute opening slot. I may leave and be home by 10 pm, but I still drop at least the price of two tickets and usually some merch.

I love it when that thinking bites people in the butt... When King's X played Dallas in May 2013, tons of people showed up expecting to walk in with cash - it sold out the morning of the show.

I can echo the sentiments about New Orleans. I was shocked when I saw we were on the Kamelot schedule next May.

It's either feast or famine here. Biloxi does a better job of getting hard rock and metal acts. Lafayette has an awesome club that gets stuff like Soulfly, All that Remains etc. All we have been getting recently are lower tier hard rock bands like Saliva and Drowning Pool. If you are a Nonpoint fan, you are covered. They play around here about twice a year.

Dream Theater havent been here since 2000. At that show Labrie made a point to say it had been 8 years since the infamous IAW with 15 people in 92. Sold out the HOB twice in a year. It's been 14 years now.

When we do get shows, I think promoters get in pissing matches. Amon Amarth and Sabaton are playing the Civic, a nice theater that opened about a year ago. Geniuses at the HOB booked Amaranthe the same night. I bought my Amaranthe ticket.

Fozzy will be here Dec 4th.

Except Orlando and Deland.

I'm fairly certain Atlanta gets more than both of those. I can't say for sure w/ Orlando, but I've run a metal event calendar for Atlanta for the past 6-7 years. I know which tours we get and which we don't, and take a look at most tour routings as a result.

Not a perfect gauge by any means, but take a look at the past event history for Atlanta on last.fm vs past event history for Orlando. The search only takes you back 20 pages. 20 pages for Orlando takes you all the way back to August 2013, while Atlanta shows filled up 20 pages w/ just 2014 events alone. But again, not a perfect measure, since it includes local shows, non-metal shows, doesn't take into account shows not listed, etc.

Except Orlando and Deland.

Deland? What the hell is in Deland?

Orlando, yes. Between the HoB, Hard Rock, Beacham Theater, The Social, and The Backbooth, Orlando manages to get a pretty good piece of the metal action. Tampa has improved tremendously lately. The promoters\booking agents seem to be re-discovering our very strong and loyal metal fan base.