Angel Dust at ProgPower 5?

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Just read this article with comments from Bernd Aufferman and there he mentions that Angel Dust are already confirmed for some festivals in US and Europe. http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=21732

I have read several posts in this forum from people hoping to see an Angel Dust reunion show at PP...it seems like it is a distinct possibility! I hope to catch them live over here in Europe this year (saw them at PP 2...and they rocked!!!), maybe at some festival like Wacken.

I'm just as curious as you to be honest. It's no secret that I made them an offer earlier (thanks to same big mouthed guitarist). However, I have not reached an agreement with the band nor have I discussed it with them in weeks. Of course, when I do, I hope the same big mouthed guitarist can keep his hands off the keyboard for a change.

Plus, the "s" in "festivals" may refer to some other festival here or he could just be pimping himself and the band. I don't know. I will say that I will find out and if there are other festivals, there will be no ProgPower appearance. I have too many bands that have never performed here that I can use with no loss in quality.

Bottom line: Never confirm anything unless a signed contract is in hand from parties.

Glenn H.

I hope they do ProgPower and I hope their guitarists keeps his mouth shut to avoid problems. As much as I wanna know who is playing like ProgPower I would much rather wait until March 1, 2005. It's just like Christmas or birthday, as much as I wanna open my gifts early I wanna be suprised and wait.

No loss as far as I'm concerned. Never was a fan although they did put on a pretty good show at PP 2 I guess it was. I much rather see one of the other many bands Glenn was alluding to that have never played the states.

I for one could do without Angel Dust. Like Glen said, there are too many quality bands out there that could fill this spot. In my opinion, there are many bands out there that have not player pp that would more than fill it.

FatesFan said:
I for one could do without Angel Dust. Like Glen said, there are too many quality bands out there that could fill this spot. In my opinion, there are many bands out there that have not player pp that would more than fill it.
I agree. I'd rather not see them again. Their last disc was a stinker, and there are several other bands I'd rather see.

adaher said:
Me too. This is an okay band, but certainly not anywhere near the top of my list.
They were great live, but that was a few years ago. These guys also did produce two classics back to back in Bleed, and Enlighten The Darkness, but they suffered some band changes and came back with Of Human Bondage, which I think blows. They then split up and haven't done anything for a couple years. It doesn't seem to me that this is a band that is deserving of another trip to Prog Power. Maybe if they showed they could stay together for a while, while also creating another masterpiece, there might be more clammoring to bring them back.

Britt

I'll definitely be disappointed if Angel Dust isn't there; I still think they put on one of the top three or four performances of anyone I've seen at ProgPower.

I think they'll be even better this time around, with the return of the big-mouthed guitarist; that, coupled with the fact that the new disc is due in June, in my opinion certainly makes them ProgPower-worthy.

If the fact that your last album blows disqualifies a band from appearing at ProgPower, then I guess Blind Guardian should have never been invited the first time around :lol:

Anyway, if Angel Dust decides to play other US festivals, I can certainly understand Glenn's decision to look for someone else that might not otherwise play over here. But, if Angel Dust has no other US shows planned, I would certainly love to see Angel Dust at ProgPower again.

However, I would have to disagree on the Blind Guardian comment.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

I want to see Angel Dust at ProgPower this year or any year!! I absolutely love them and would travel hundreds of miles to see them!! I didn't know about ProgPower yet when they played at PP2. I'm excited that there is a possibility that they might play!! Heck, I don't care about a leak in information because I know nothing is official until Glenn says so at the "big announcement" and everyone else should damn well know that too!

I would be beside myself to see Angel Dust on the PPVI roster! It sounds like they didn't have a Brainstorm-esque set when they played, but every band goes through that. I've seen many tours whee one performance is great and one not so. I don't know why so many seem to not like Angel Dust... they're one of the first bands I play for someone who is new to power and prog metal. But to each his own.

:headbang:

~Tammy Z~

I'm not a huge AD fan, but they are an absolutely killer band live. Aside from their masterful PPII performance, I saw them on tour with Nevermore\Opeth\God Forbid. You would expect a traditional Power Metal band to get booed off the stage in front of the type of audience that would attend such a concert. However, they completely won over the audience.

Zod

Zod

Thor Intrepid said:
I saw that tour also, General, in a tiny club in Tampa. I went mostly for Nevermore and Angel Dust. Didn't like God Forbid. For some reason Opeth doesn't translate well live for me.
I'm also a HUUUUUGE Nevermore fan. I agree, if you're not familair with Opeth's material going in, they're unlikely to convert you with what they do live. Their music just isn't designed, even on CD, to suck you in on the first listen. Have you gotten into Opeth at all since? If not, I'd highly recommend "Still Life". It's brilliant. If you don't really care for Death vox, I would recommend "Blackwater Park" as a better starting point.

Zod

I really like Blackwater Park, so I was really anticipating seeing them live. I didn't like Still Life as much. I saw them again last year with Devil Driver (ugh...) and Moonspell and I still couldn't get into them live. I felt the same way when I saw Pain Of Salvation too.

Thor Intrepid said:
I saw that tour also, General, in a tiny club in Tampa. I went mostly for Nevermore and Angel Dust. Didn't like God Forbid. For some reason Opeth doesn't translate well live for me.
That tour played at a tiny club???? Those are some of the most popular metal bands. Who knows why though

I thought it was a pretty funny comment myself! Thank God for diversity, otherwise we as humans would be a pretty boring bunch!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al