Annette of Nightwish walks off stage!

I'm not sure that it says much about their perception of her professionalism. When Tarja was molested on stage, the guys didn't do anything THEN, either. Maybe I'm just naieve, but I would think, especially in that situation, that one of them would have done something to help her.

If they didn't go to Tarja's aid, why would they bother going to Anette's?

When was the last time a frontman/woman was sexually attacked on stage? Usually, you have security around the stage for the band. Problem was that the security in Mexico broke down, and the boys were stunned stiff. Sure, you have seen stage diving by the crowds. But, as I said, when was the last time you have seen someone put their hand down a frontman's pants? Of course, it is not done. Tarja was an anomaly. When it did happen, the boys let Marcelo play hero and, to his credit, convinced Tarja to continue.

What chased Anette off was words, not hands in pants. The boys realized that she had a minor breakdown and let her be. Sadly, Anette did not have anyone to convince her to return, and that is where I blame Ewo. He should have given her a little comfort and encourage her to finish the set,

When was the last time a frontman/woman was sexually attacked on stage? Usually, you have security around the stage for the band. Problem was that the security in Mexico broke down, and the boys were stunned stiff. Sure, you have seen stage diving by the crowds. But, as I said, when was the last time you have seen someone put their hand down a frontman's pants? Of course, it is not done. Tarja was an anomaly. When it did happen, the boys let Marcelo play hero and, to his credit, convinced Tarja to continue.

What chased Anette off was words, not hands in pants. The boys realized that she had a minor breakdown and let her be. Sadly, Anette did not have anyone to convince her to return, and that is where I blame Ewo. He should have given her a little comfort and encourage her to finish the set,

If I were in a band and someone walked off, I wold continue playing and say to myself "get the fuck back on the stage, asswipe." But I would not stop playing and go back there to grab them.

The heck with Annette walking offstage. Can someone provide a video of Tarja getting a hand put down her pants?

multiple[/U] shows from being insulted? Again, we can agree to disagree.

Zod

Nah, I think she shook it off quite quickly. Which, after a breakdown like that, was exactly what she (or anyone) needed to do. Had it affected her performance the next night, I think it would have more merit. I also think, going forward, if it happens again, it may be a massive issue. That's the strange thing though, a mountain can quite litterally be made out of a mole-hill.

She got her Mulligan. That's really what I'm saying.

The heck with Annette walking offstage. Can someone provide a video of Tarja getting a hand put down her pants?

Here it is. You will see the knucklehead jumped after he attacked Tarja. The video really sucks, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe that the attacker had time to make any kind of investigation in her undies, the whole incident took about 5 seconds, then they were shoved down by Marcelo and four more security guards appeared. Just after 5 more seconds there were two of them carrying the assaulter away already.
In the Nightwish biography Tarja said that it was a sexual attack, but only her blouse was torn and her hair extesions were ripped off. She was able to return to the stage and finish the last three songs of the show, but afterwards when she was in the hotel room alone the shock hit her and she said she cried all night.

Anette could have had a same kind of experience in Manaus a week ago Nov 13. - only 3 days after she had walked off the stage in Belo Horizonte. The local security once again completely missed a guy running to the stage, but for the luck he only wanted to ahve a hug and quick kiss from Anette.

See the clip below, action starts at 2:52 with the guy dashing in front of Tuomas on the screen towards Anette. As you'll see she didn't let it disturb her at all but kept singing and dancing while the guy got chased off. I don't think she'll be losing her nerves anytime soon

Last edited by a moderator: