...another classic revisited

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Go ahead, roll your eyes, I don't care! :p I admit to being an Ozzy fanboy, but if you haven't listened to No Rest For The Wicked lately, then do so! :kickass: I can't wait for the new one coming out soon!

I think this is my favorite cut from this album...

Let's party! :)

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I am listening to Autograph's 'Loud and Clear' right now, but I will put that on next.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I could have gone MANY years without hearing the band name AUTOGRAPH again.....

I had the displeasure of seeing those hacks open for the Crue back in the day.

Go ahead, roll your eyes, I don't care! :p I admit to being an Ozzy fanboy, but if you haven't listened to No Rest For The Wicked lately, then do so! :kickass: I can't wait for the new one coming out soon!

I think this is my favorite cut from this album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqBfpjSnOOw

Let's party! :)

~Brian~

I always liked this album, though I have to say "Demon Alcohol" is probably my least favorite on there. This being Zakk's first album it was clear that the fire was there again.

I thought No Rest For The Wicked was a vastly underrated classic. I'd rank it as my 2nd favorite behind Diary of A Madman. Fire in The Sky was a great song and Crazy Babies was my favorite off this disc:headbang:

The problem with No Rest for the Wicked is that there are no real classics on there. I loved the album when it came out, because it was all Zakk Wylde going nuts on the guitar. But No More Tears pretty much laid that album to rest and I don't think Ozzy plays anything from it live anymore.

Now Autograph, great guitar player, bad singer. Loved Sign In Please though.

No eye rolling here, I'm a big fan of Ozzy's early stuff, I think for me the rankings would be:

1: DIARY OF A MADMAN
2: BLIZZARD OF OZZ
3: THE ULTIMATE SIN
4: BARK AT THE MOON
5: NO REST FOR THE WICKED

I thought he went a bit too commercial after NRFTW but I've enjoyed some of his post '80s material and I'm certainly looking forward to hearing what he does with Gus G...

On the topic of Autograph, "Blondes in Black Cars" is possibly the worst song ever in my opinion, haha.

Haha, what about "Cloud Ten"?

Gotta say, though, that "Turn Up the Radio" was basically an anthem for me waybackwhen. :kickass:

I also give credit to the Autograph guys for being one of the first bands to delve into the then-new music-video format: labels weren't covering costs for them, and the band members raised the cash by mortgaging their houses, etc.

The problem with No Rest for the Wicked is that there are no real classics on there. I loved the album when it came out, because it was all Zakk Wylde going nuts on the guitar. But No More Tears pretty much laid that album to rest and I don't think Ozzy plays anything from it live anymore.

I'm not sure what makes songs classics, but the entire album is fantastic in my opinion. I actually prefer NRFTW over No More Tears.

Loud And Clear is a GREAT album!! i still have my original LP.

On the topic of Autograph, "Blondes in Black Cars" is possibly the worst song ever in my opinion, haha.

Haha, what about "Cloud Ten"?

Gotta say, though, that "Turn Up the Radio" was basically an anthem for me waybackwhen. :kickass:

I also give credit to the Autograph guys for being one of the first bands to delve into the then-new music-video format: labels weren't covering costs for them, and the band members raised the cash by mortgaging their houses, etc.

Guys seriously, how did my Ozzy thread turn into a discussion of friggin' Authgraph? Sheeze!

~Brian~

Guys seriously, how did my Ozzy thread turn into a discussion of friggin' Authgraph? Sheeze!

It didn't. It turned into a discussion of friggin' Autograph. :lol:

Back to Ozzy, though...Dio's sad demise had us really thinking yesterday about both of their tenures in Black Sabbath and their separate work elsewhere. I'm pretty bummed.

Sorry for bringing up Autograph!! Haha.
Yes, Loud and Clear is easily Autograph's best album.

Personally, I really like Ozzy's No Rest For The Wicked. It's probably my favorite album by him after Blizzard of Ozz and The Ultimate Sin.
The total mocking of Jimmy Swaggart via 'Miracle Man' was awesome. Especially the video.

Personally, I really like Ozzy's No Rest For The Wicked. It's probably my favorite album by him after Blizzard of Ozz and The Ultimate Sin.
The total mocking of Jimmy Swaggart via 'Miracle Man' was awesome. Especially the video.

I always thought Ultimate Sin was underrated. I think even Ozzy doesn't even like it much from what I recall, but I like most of the tunes on it. Shot in the Dark is particularly awesome.