Another Kamelot tour?

Justin G

Jul 28, 2007
Northern VA
www.facebook.com
Looks like a fall Kamelot North American tour is in the works...

KAMELOT have confirmed live dates for New York, NY and Orlando, FL on September 6th and 29th respectively. The band's schedule thus far can be viewed below, with new dates to be added over the coming weeks:

May
28 - Shibuya O-East - Tokyo, Japan
29 - Club Quattro - Nagoya, Japan
30 - Umeda Akaso - Osaka, Japan

September
6 - Stage 48 - New York, NY
8 - Club Soda - Montreal, Canada
21 - The Grove - Anaheim, CA
29 - House Of Blues - Orlando, FL

What the hell is up with Kamelot and their booking agent always booking the NYC show the same day as ProgPower? Second year in a row! :lol:

Ummm.. why would you think these bands or their booking agents would give a rat's ass about another show going on the same night in another state?
No offense to Prog Power, but these bands are on the road to make money.

What do you think? They are going to not work and not get paid out of "respect" to the fest or the handful of fans in that city who might be out of town that weekend?

Ummm.. why would you think these bands or their booking agents would give a rat's ass about another show going on the same night in another state?

What do you think? They are going to not work and not get paid out of "respect" to the fest or the handful of fans in that city who might be out of town that weekend?

I wouldn't think that..........I'm sure they don't give a rat's ass......as for my response I was just hoping they didn't book their Chicago date the same weekend as ProgPower. Like Symphony X did last year, I would of liked to see them again in Chicago but couldn't. You're over thinking the post.

I'm kind of annoyed that Kamelot is only announcing one date every week rather than just giving us all the dates at once. I can't wait for this to come around, definitely going VIP.

Exactly no one has said they should do that. You're reading way too much into a general complaint about bad timing.

Sorry, I honestly didn't read your post as complaining..........

I have heard other people though in general though make comments through the years like, "How can Band X play my town the weekend of (insert any out of town festival here)

Last edited by a moderator:
U
No offense to Prog Power, but these bands are on the road to make money

Despite your dickish way with words, none taken. However, deep breath....your assumption is not 100% correct. I know ...I know....hard to believe eh?

Those same rat's ass agents for these type of tours contact me in advance of the routing being established so they are not at conflict with the festival, maximize publicity around it, and book the cities that make the most sense for them when possible during that time. Routing is established for more reasons than just a nice bus route & available venues.

So yes...they do care and are showing the same professional courtesy that I give their bands.

Jasonic said:
blah blah blah *trying to teach people how the metal scene/music busines works as usual* blah blah blah

Jason... My comment was purely tongue in cheek, almost as if saying "For Christ's sake, I need to pick now?!?!?".

Nobody was "complaining", and as far as I know, I don't think there is an actual, written "respect for ProgPower USA" clause in metal bookings around the country. If there is, I need to know before I break it sometime. :lol: It's just funny that the 2nd year in a row, Kamelot is in NYC the same weekend as ProgPower. Stop reading into things too much.

Totally not their call, this is from Tommy's personal Twitter account

Tickets for the NY concert are selling fast... imagine how many other concerts could be too!

I wasn't necessarily blaming the band, I figured it was something on the business end.

I don't really want to see them in NY but if they aren't coming anywhere else closer to me I want to make sure i can get VIP tix, so hopefully they won't be sold out before the rest of the dates are announced.

I hope I get to hear this song live!

~Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason... My comment was purely tongue in cheek, almost as if saying "For Christ's sake, I need to pick now?!?!?".

Nobody was "complaining", and as far as I know, I don't think there is an actual, written "respect for ProgPower USA" clause in metal bookings around the country. If there is, I need to know before I break it sometime. :lol: It's just funny that the 2nd year in a row, Kamelot is in NYC the same weekend as ProgPower. Stop reading into things too much.

Since Kamelot played ProgPower last year (twice), how could that have been a problem last year? You could see them at ProgPower if you went to ProgPower or you could see them at home if you stayed home. Not sure how anyone could complain.