Another Kamelot tour?

Just found out the KC show is actually in Lawrence, KS at the Granada. Never been to a show there.

Yes! I thought I would have to go to Chicago to see Kamelot. I am excited to see they will be here in Louisville with Delain. September is going to be a great month with ProgPower and now this.

The poster did not mention the venue so I made my post to clarify that this is not at a Chicago venue.

@AngraRULES - I would think you would know from experience the impact a gig booked in Joliet has on attendance as opposed to in the city.

Already have my PPUSAXIV ticket with the kickoff as well. Just bought my ticket for Kamelot and Delain in Atlanta.

September will be nothing but metal nirvana! It will be very hard not to wish my life away in an effort to get to September 2014 as fast as possible!

The poster did not mention the venue so I made my post to clarify that this is not at a Chicago venue.

@AngraRULES - I would think you would know from experience the impact a gig booked in Joliet has on attendance as opposed to in the city.

Indeed I do, but you can't compare a massive headliner who WILL pack MoJoes regardless with that band.

I haven't been there yet. Attendance has been bad there?

it is hit and miss. Rhapsody of Fire had a few hundred but I have heard lots of other shows have packed them in there. I think it is just like any show...it is all of who is in demand at the time. I guess the Kreator / Accept tour was packed there. I have only been to 2 shows there so I am hearing most stuff second hand from people who were there. I do know a lot of people who hate going out there since it is a long ass drive. They do have free parking in a 24 hour lot next block over which is always nice.

You obviously have not done your homework on ticket sales for power metal gigs at MoJoes....................

Or maybe you haven't done yours on Kamelot. Passive aggressive much, Jason? Sense of superiority coming out again?

Oh wait... it's Jasonic.

Yep. Thats right.
I have never played Mojoes before or seen how Kamelot draws in Chicago.

Silly me. I will consult you prior to placing all future bets.

@ Bob - there were less than 200 paid attendees at Rhapsody.
I am being generous by saying that too.

Yep. Thats right.
I have never played Mojoes before or seen how Kamelot draws in Chicago.

Good for you. I hope you keep playing there and one day, pack the place up. I hope you do know that Kamelot is in a completely different place in their careers now. If only you knew what they make these days. I doubt promoters would gamble that much, but hey, maybe you're right after all.

Jasonic said:
Silly me. I will consult you prior to placing all future bets.

Way to be an ass, Jason.

Jasonic said:
@ Bob - there were less than 200 paid attendees at Rhapsody.
I am being generous by saying that too.

Are you talking about the last Rhapsody tour with Voyager? I am more inclined to believe you than Bob on that, since that tour didn't draw good numbers at all.

Good for you. I hope you keep playing there and one day, pack the place up. I hope you do know that Kamelot is in a completely different place in their careers now. If only you knew what they make these days. I doubt promoters would gamble that much, but hey, maybe you're right after all.

Way to be an ass, Jason.

Are you talking about the last Rhapsody tour with Voyager? I am more inclined to believe you than Bob on that, since that tour didn't draw good numbers at all.

I may have miscounted due to jasons ego being so large. :devil:

I am not in the music business and I trust that Kamelot's booking agency knows what they are doing. With that being said, there is no disputing that they are limiting their ROI by having this in Joliet as opposed to a Chicago venue. Maybe no venues were available and they couldn't tweak the schedule to make it work and wanted to touch the market nonetheless. This is more about the mindset of an urban city dweller than anything. Unlike suburbia where "entertainment" consists of going to the mall and dining at Olive Garden, hopping in a car and driving 50 miles to a concert is no big deal. However, those that live in Chicago have an excessive amount of entertainment options, and if public transportation can't get you there, it's probably not going to happen.

The September 12 date at Mojoes is the Thursday after ProgPower. If the concert was at Bottom Lounge, Reggie's, House of Blues, Lincoln Hall, Vic, Metro, etc. odds are I would go, but it's not, and I won't. I just hope that others in my same situation aren't as conflicted, but I have my doubts.