Another Kamelot tour?

Khan's performance for the 2006 show that I saw of them is still one of the best I've ever seen. I wonder if I was just lucky to catch an on-night or something.

I am really pulling for the new lead singer...hoping his old band will just go away...

Umm, I'm not. That's a pretty foolish statement. Seventh Wonder is everything you could possibly want in a progressive metal band. It would be a shame if they go the way of Lost Horizon. I just hope I get one more chance to see them live before they go ... maybe they'll play Tears from a Father again ... I guess a guy can dream ...

I remember Thomas' face when we started chanting 'Fourth Legacy' back in London quite a few years back, prior to Khan's abandonment. It came across as 'how dare you ask for that song? It's way too old!', although I'm pretty sure that probably wasn't what he meant to convey! But yeah, stale setlist is stale.

....I am really pulling for the new lead singer...hoping his old band will just go away...

So you like him, but SW has to go?
Strange...

....I just hope I get one more chance to see them live before they go ... maybe they'll play Tears from a Father again ... I guess a guy can dream ...

Who said anything about SW 'going' away?

Just let Tommy and the band do/decide whatever they feel is right!

I'm on the fence about the Atlanta show. Can someone let me know if the VIP also includes a chance to meet Delain? Cause Charlotte could certainly tip the scales in favor of attending :D

Because I decided to go to ProgPower, I no longer can go to the NYC Kamelot show on September 6th. If anyone is unfortunately not going to ProgPower but wants to see the Kamelot/Delain/Eklipse tour in NYC and still does not have their ticket, please buy it off of me! $30 face value. Please private message me if interested!

I'm on the fence about the Atlanta show. Can someone let me know if the VIP also includes a chance to meet Delain? Cause Charlotte could certainly tip the scales in favor of attending :D

The VIP tickets are for Kamelot ONLY! Now saying that, I can tell you that Delain WILL be at the merch table so everybody will get to meet them there.

Umm, I'm not. That's a pretty foolish statement. Seventh Wonder is everything you could possibly want in a progressive metal band. It would be a shame if they go the way of Lost Horizon. I just hope I get one more chance to see them live before they go ... maybe they'll play Tears from a Father again ... I guess a guy can dream ...
Already been through this in another thread.
Love the lead singer. Talented musicians. The lyrics of their songs make me want to rip my ears off during the anger exit from the headphones if they come on.

The lyrics, the song topics and the arrangements you get with Kamelot are light years beyond anything that 7th wonder ever did. I will pay top dollar to see Kamelot again. You could not pay me enough to see 7th Wonder.
Just my opinion.

If you are a fan, you are a fan. I have nothing against fans of the group, and if you are personally offended about my opinion on their lack of talent in certain areas, well...sorry bout that.

I am assuming this will be there setlist for the North American tour.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamel...is-a-ferre-santurce-puerto-rico-53c66b5d.html

The setlist is kinda odd to me. Not necessarily bad, since I really like most of the songs on it (though Season's End seems out of place). Guess by now it is like beating a dead horse to complain about the lack of The Fourth Legacy, but the fact that they lean so heavily on Ghost Opera and almost ignore PotP is weird too. Oh well, I'm sure I will get my money's worth, just wonder why they are always so conservative with their set lists. Perhaps they get advice on setlist variety from Michael Romeo ;)

I'm going to the show in Columbus Monday....but I gotta tell ya, I'm getting kind of tired of the same old Ghost Opera songs over and over again. I did get to see my favorite Kamelot song live once, and will probably never hear it live again the way it looks. (Memento Mori off Black Halo)

I haven't seen them since they did that tour with Edguy many years ago, so I'm looking forward to this regardless of the setlist. More specifically because they have a singer that can put on a good show now.

I am assuming this will be there setlist for the North American tour.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamel...is-a-ferre-santurce-puerto-rico-53c66b5d.html

The setlist is kinda odd to me. Not necessarily bad, since I really like most of the songs on it (though Season's End seems out of place). Guess by now it is like beating a dead horse to complain about the lack of The Fourth Legacy, but the fact that they lean so heavily on Ghost Opera and almost ignore PotP is weird too. Oh well, I'm sure I will get my money's worth, just wonder why they are always so conservative with their set lists. Perhaps they get advice on setlist variety from Michael Romeo ;)

Yeah, i'd love it if they subbed out Ghost Opera, Seasons End, and Forever with Memento Mori, Hunter's Season, and Wander. I definitely agree that their sets are way too conservative, and it's so frustrating.