Another Kamelot tour?

Yeah, i'd love it if they subbed out Ghost Opera, Seasons End, and Forever with Memento Mori, Hunter's Season, and Wander. I definitely agree that their sets are way too conservative, and it's so frustrating.

Sadly through the years I've noticed this is common amongst a lot of power metal/classic metal acts.

Kamelot has just gone down the tubes, IMO. They used to be power metal of the highest tier and now they have turned goth and emo. Ghost Opera was the beginning of the descent. PftP is crap and Silverthorn is crap on a cracker.

It's sad to me because Tommy is such a talented guy. I'm a bigger fan of Seventh Wonder now TBH.

I'll go see their show for the following reasons: I missed most of Delain's set at ProgPower, I want to see Eklipse (I have a soft spot for strings and used to play violin), and because I want to hear Tommy sing.

My guess is that they know POTP wasn't too well received. I agree I'd love to see some more Epica or older stuff instead of the same songs over and over.

Unfortunately, looks like Kamelot is mostly representing PftP and Silverthorn on the shows.. Silverthorn is miles better than PftP for me, so thats not horrible, but Id hoped they'd rediscover the Epica/Black Halo greatness. No.. 4 songs total from Karma, Epica, and Black Halo. Really? :(

And yeah.. Wander would be amazing to hear live. They should do a tour with both the Epica and Black Halo albums played in their entirety. :)

Has anyone seen this tour yet? If so, can you give me an idea of the timing of the show you went to (when did the show start, when did Kamelot come on, and when did they finish)? The reason I ask is that I'm going Friday and there is a different show I want to see the same night half a block away and I'm thinking of cutting out of Kamelot a tad early if it will work out.

SF Metal Man,

Your show is scheduled to start at 8:00. I would expect it to start on time, as it's an all-ages show. Eklipse is playing a 30-minute set, putting Delain on around 9:00. Their respective 45-minute set would have Kamelot on stage by about 10:15. Kamelot's sets are running about an hour and a half, thus ending the show around 11:45.

It's really a matter of how much it means to you to see Kamelot perform three songs off of "Silverthorn" that they hadn't performed on the previous tour, not to mention seeing them play a full set with Tommy. I saw them in Joliet last Thursday, and though I was happy to hear them play some more of the new material as well as see Tommy show his true stamina with the band's material overall, I was seriously let down by the song selections from the back catalog. There wasn't a single song in the set list from any of the first four albums, and to make matters worse, each of the back catalog songs in the set list have been performed on each of the last three or four tours. I know I've complained about this before, but I really think that fans need to pitch a fit with Kamelot (and Symphony X, for that matter) about their laziness in re-learning their old material.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Thanks Albert - I've seen Kamelot several times including with Tommy, so I don't mind cutting out a tad early. I still really want to see Delain. The other show, which is Wednesday 13, starts at 9 pm, and is also a 3 band bill. I'm trying to find out about what Wednesday 13 has been doing and unfortunately that venue never publishes set times, but with that show starting 1 hour later if I skipped out of Kamelot after an hour I might be able to catch that one as well. That does sound disappointing about the setlist.

Big Kamelot fan, but I agree on the setlist issue. Besides adding a few new songs from Silverthorn, they continue to play basically the same sets they have been doing since the Ghost Opera tour and it's disappointing. I won't go out of my way to see additional shows if they can't put some more effort into making the setlist more unpredictable and more exciting. They have many songs on the older records that Tommy would sound great on (Lunar Sanctum, the Inquisitor, Memento Mori, etc.), and they should take advantage of that...

The one older song they have been playing at a few shows this tour is Don't You Cry. It would be cool to hear Tommy sing that.

The one older song they have been playing at a few shows this tour is Don't You Cry. It would be cool to hear Tommy sing that.

They also play Forever and Karma (without fail :bah:) from that album too, so it definitely isn't the only older song. Center of the Universe as well.

I know what you are trying to say though, just trolling. It's the one older song that isn't a "greatest hit".

Has anyone seen this tour yet? If so, can you give me an idea of the timing of the show you went to (when did the show start, when did Kamelot come on, and when did they finish)? The reason I ask is that I'm going Friday and there is a different show I want to see the same night half a block away and I'm thinking of cutting out of Kamelot a tad early if it will work out.

I saw the show in Chicago. Eklipse did a 30 min set, only 15 min between them and Delain. Delain did a 45 min set, 30 min in between them and Kamelot. So depending on your shows start time, that should give you a good estimate on Kamelot's start time at your show.

I saw the show in Chicago. Eklipse did a 30 min set, only 15 min between them and Delain. Delain did a 45 min set, 30 min in between them and Kamelot. So depending on your shows start time, that should give you a good estimate on Kamelot's start time at your show.

Ha! i didn't even know there was another band on the bill. I got there right before Delain. Goodness gracious was it hot at Mojoes that night though.

I really could live without hearing The Human Stain or The Great Pandemonium again.. luckily, some of the songs from Silverthorn are starting to grow on me. Hearing Don't You Cry is going to be awesome.

Anybody know why the skipped Jaxx in VA this last time (or always skip NC for that matter) ?

From what I understand, Jaxx changed ownership about a year ago (I believe it's now called Empire or something), and I heard that people were not happy with the new venue management for whatever reasons, POSSIBLY why the promoter Kamelot works with didn't book there. As far as skipping NC, from what I've read, the demand for the band has to exist somewhere, fans need to let local venues/promoters know that they want to see them, for the local markets to book a band.

From what I understand, Jaxx changed ownership about a year ago (I believe it's now called Empire or something), and I heard that people were not happy with the new venue management for whatever reasons, POSSIBLY why the promoter Kamelot works with didn't book there.
Finberg has the Finntroll and Kreator/Overkill tours hitting Empire in the next couple months, so I doubt it was simply an issue of him not wanting to work with Empire's management.

Just got back from the show. The venue's website said doors at 7pm and show at 8pm.

Eklipse played from 7:30-8:00
Delain played from 8:15-9:00
Kamelot played from 9:30-11:00