Anubis Gate cancel ProgPower USA XVI Appearance

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Anubis Gate have cancelled their ProgPower USA XVI appearance. This is an unfortunate situation the band has handled with class and professionalism. I wish them nothing but the best. The following is their official statement by Kim Olesen:

Dear Anubis Mates,

I have recently been diagnosed with a deep depression and panic anxiety (meaning that I suffer from heavy panic attacks). It is with the greatest of regrets that I have had to realize that I am simply not well enough to go through the logistics of playing so far away from home. I was looking enormously forward to playing in front of you all, indeed it would have been a highlight of my career as a musician. And, of course, I was also looking forward to meeting so many people I know from social medias, it would have been a hangout that I would cherish for the rest of my life. But the reality is that even though I am in treatment and the depression side of things has seen progress, the panic anxiety is taking much longer to subside than I had anticipated and hoped for. My doctor and therapist's verdict is clear; the risk I would be taking is that my condition could become a chronic condition.

I am glad that my fantastic bandmembers Henrik, Michael and Morten have been supportive through what is a very hard time for me, as has my family, friends and all other relations as well. I understand how disappointed everyone will be with this (not least myself) but I also take comfort in the fact that Anubis Gate fans are the best fans and supporters any band could wish for.

I am already in discussions with a replacement band. I would ask patience while the process plays out, please. I also ask that fans temper their expectations in terms of who will be take the slot. I have every intention to replace a prog band with a prog band. However, keep in mind the festival date's proximity along with the lower slot placement limits my realistic options.

cheers,

Glenn

Noooo! :(

I wish him a speedy recovery, all the same. I know it is rough with mental health. It's not like he can just take antibiotics and be okay. :( Lots of love and best wishes his way!

Sad news. And as a nervous international travel, I can totally relate.

I am already in discussions with a replacement band. I would ask patience while the process plays out, please. I also ask that fans temper their expectations in terms of who will be take the slot. I have every intention to replace a prog band with a prog band. However, keep in mind the festival date's proximity along with the lower slot placement limits my realistic options.

It's frank, honest statements like this that make you the best at what you do for us.

Oh well, speedy recovery. Glenn, you always have Ashes of Ares already there for the Wed kick-off. I know, not a prog band. And like you really need our suggestions, but Kingcrow or Vangough would be great replacements.

This show was going to be a live music fan career highlight. The bands of that caliber can be counted on both of my hands, and I can only hope the replacement is one of them.

Some people were suggesting Pyramaze, which would be one of them.

awwwwww man bummed out but totally understand that as I have gone through it myself.... Get well Kim and hopefully you can make it one day to PPUSA!!!!

Bear

Best wishes to Kim in working through his condition, was really looking forward to them but music doesn't always come first. Hope to see them some time in the future.

Some people were suggesting Pyramaze, which would be one of them.
Pyramaze would be awesome but I'm guessing it will be an American band since the timeline to work through visa issues would be pretty short. It could be a European band that already has valid visas from a tour or another festival, but that seems less likely.

Unfortunate for this announcement but I appreciate the honesty of the artist. And honestly I also appreciate the candor and understanding from the forum posters thus far. There is still a large amount of stigma with mental disorders, where depression and anxiety aren't taken as seriously as they should be. Here is a person who realizes how big an opportunity and how grand an experience they'll miss out on but at the same time knows they can't handle it and it would be to their detriment to do it anyway. I respect his honesty. And I can only hope for improvements to his mental health for us to hear his band's music stateside.

Unfortunate situation for sure but have every confidence in Glenn to improvise, adapt and overcome as is customary... in a perfect world my replacement would be Myrath or Theocracy... but we all know the world is far from perfect... just saying.

Unfortunate situation for sure but have every confidence in Glenn to improvise, adapt and overcome as is customary... in a perfect world my replacement would be Myrath or Theocracy... but we all know the world is far from perfect... just saying.

I imagine the logistics of getting Myrath here from Tunisia on such short notice make that way beyond impossible.

I'd love to see them again though.

Disappointing news, but wish the best to the band and Kim to get better. I have no worries about the replacement, Glenn has consistently pulled off something solid, if not awesome, and in some cases even better than the original (Forbidden to name just one), in these situations.

Very unfortunate news as they were one of my most anticipated bands to see. It hurts as Glenn is the only one that makes it even possible for us fans to see a band like Anubis Gate here in the U.S. Another example that comes to mind was Tomorrow's Eve; booked by Glenn, didn't work out and likelihood of ever seeing them again- slim to none.

With that said, I wish Kim the best as I could only imagine the struggles and challenges he is going through. Takes a real man to stand up and address the PP faithful with such an honest and personal statement. Hope for a speedy recovery and perhaps an opportunity to see this great band in the future.

As unrealistic as it is, in my opinion, the best replacement would be Pantommind. Visa lag times suck! Good luck Glenn with finding a suitable replacement; you always seem to work it out!