Anubis Gate cancel ProgPower USA XVI Appearance

Fuck! They were reason alpha for me this year. That being said I am wholly sympathetic to Kim and I hope he has a swift return to normal.

Prog for prog, though, and I'll just try to be sunny about it.

That is too bad for him, but chemical imbalances are a serious matter and I hope he gets the best care available. It's just a performance for us and Glenn will do what he always does - find a suitable replacement. Sonata Arctica is probably too big a name for this slot. Maybe Nightingale?

That is THE best cancellation I can recall (I hope I am not forgetting one where someone died or something.) It takes a lot of balls to do that !! Speedy recovery my friend.

As far as replacements, Serious Black, Vanden Plas, Metal Church, Accept, Pagans Mind ? Ha ha ha. Those are of course my dream bands and all but two have played at PPUSA anyway.

That's very disappointing as they were the band I was most looking forward to seeing this year, but completely understandable. That's stuff is not fun, and very debilitating. I wish him all the best and hope that he comes to terms with his condition. Maybe they can play for us at a future PP.

As someone who suffers with the same issues, I can certainly understand where Kim is coming from. I also heartily congratulate his band mates for sticking with him in these times instead of lighting off for America and leaving alone. They could have just brought on another keyboardist (or had someone already in town do double duty--it has happened before at the fest), but they made the artist's choice.

Everyone has been popping in suggestions...here is the kookiest suggestion with a SLIM possibility of actually happening...

...something that has NEVER been done before at the festival....

Evergrey Triple Shot!

Or...

Both Cynthesis and Enchant appear to be available in September. Just Sayin.

Evergrey Triple Shot!

Or...

Both Cynthesis and Enchant appear to be available in September. Just Sayin.

I would absolutely loooooooove to hear Cynthesis live. I considered them but I'm still not sure if Troy's hand has healed well enough, and also, he lives in Russia nowadays so he would also be a victim of the visa lagtime.

Enchant I would go see for sure. Thought Chamber share two members with them and they were booked for last year, so getting one of those two bands shouldn't be an issue.

I'm for Iris Divine. Local and no visa issues. That new album is a corker.

It would be nice for one of the local DC area bands to make it to the fest. (Yes, I know While Heaven Wept technically counts, but they just don't do local shows.) Course, I keep missing them because there is always a schedule conflict with me when they have shows. Maybe this is the only way I can see them.

I could go with Enchant as well, but consider that they just came off of tour and have day jobs (and Ted Leonard being a very busy man, remembering last year's cancellation.), I don't think it is likely.

It would be nice for one of the local DC area bands to make it to the fest. (Yes, I know While Heaven Wept technically counts, but they just don't do local shows.) Course, I keep missing them because there is always a schedule conflict with me when they have shows. Maybe this is the only way I can see them.

I could go with Enchant as well, but consider that they just came off of tour and have day jobs (and Ted Leonard being a very busy man, remembering last year's cancellation.), I don't think it is likely.

Well, I think WHW is a no-go for obvious reasons.

Well, this is bad news... I was certainly looking forward to seeing them. That said, Kim Olesen must of course look after his health first and foremost, and his candid statement is much appreciated. There's no doubt in my mind that Glenn will bring another great band on board to fill the slot, as he has when cancellations have occurred in the past. The other question that occurred to me... will there be enough time to change the shirt design, or have they already been printed?