Anubis Gate cancel ProgPower USA XVI Appearance

Cynthesis would instantly make me attend. Troy might not be able to play some of DeEvolution (looking at Divided Day specifically) but a lot of the material was adapted to fit his current ability. However, they have never played live before and are still working out how and what to play live. And Troy lives in Russia which makes things difficult. Especially on two months' notice.

Hope Kim gets well soon, super bummed about not getting to see Anubis Gate.

Helker is playing on day 2, why not have Diego Valdez's other band, Electro Nomicon play on day 1, they can do something akin to what Beyond the Bridge and Sinbreed did a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure EN is a great replacement.

Also Pyramaze and Teramaze would be AMAZEing. :-D

Just a note about Enchant, it looks like they just announced dates in Europe for October. Don't know how that would affect a ProgPower appearance.

Enchant is American and touring. So a possible replacement. Also a damn good band. I really enjoyed their last PP performance.

Would love to see Enchant (even though they just played Atlanta in May), Tiles, or Iris Divine....

I echo a lot of the sentiments regarding being disappointed by Anubis Gate canceling as I had just come to a new found appreciation for the band due to the last 2 releases. However, given the circumstances, I certainly understand the situation and wish nothing but the best for Kim and the band. I also have struggled with depression and anxiety issues, and will most likely be dealing with it in some form or another for the rest of my life. There is no question that everything involved with trying to get here and play this festival could be detrimental to Kim's overall well being.

Hope Kim gets well soon, super bummed about not getting to see Anubis Gate.

Helker is playing on day 2, why not have Diego Valdez's other band, Electro Nomicon play on day 1, they can do something akin to what Beyond the Bridge and Sinbreed did a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure EN is a great replacement.

Also Pyramaze and Teramaze would be AMAZEing. :-D

Electro Nomicon would be awesome! Half the band will already be at the festival anyway.

Electro Nomicon would be awesome! Half the band will already be at the festival anyway.

This would be killer indeed! 2 sets with the mighty Diego Valdez! But Glenn said he wanted to replace a prog band by a prog band, so no real hope for that I guess...

I'd love to see Pyramaze. Or maybe Artizan.

There's a great prog band called Hourglass out of Utah that I don't think anyone ever talks about. They're not very active but have three albums (one double) who I'd love to see.

This news breaks my heart. Out of all of the bands that have yet to play the festival, Anubis Gate was the band I was looking forward to seeing the most. It's hard for me to wrap my head around the reasons surrounding this cancellation, but if Kim's anxiety is at such a debilitating level, then I hope that he gets all of the help he needs.

As for suitable (and realistic! Some of these suggestions are downright ludicrous when you consider the logistics involved) replacements, I'm also in favor of Iris Divine. Leviathan would be a pretty cool band to see, too. They simply don't get enough love around here.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

There's a great prog band called Hourglass out of Utah that I don't think anyone ever talks about. They're not very active but have three albums (one double) who I'd love to see.

I've been hoping for Hourglass for a few years now. I encouraged Brick to contact Glenn, but I don't know if he ever followed through. I do know that one of their members started law school a few years back, so I don't know if they're still active.

Well, the reason why there is no Zero Hour any more is because Troy can't play the material anymore, so I doubt you'd hear any of that.

Yeah, I know...I can still dream, though. :Spin: Also, I'd be OK with seeing Zero Hour with the bass parts pared down to whatever level is comfortable for Troy to play now. It'd still be an awesome show, even if the bass parts were somewhat less mind-blowingly impossible.

Craig