Arcturus cancel ProgPower USA; Replacement Announced

Sanctuary should be fine, Warrel just tweeted "Jeff and Van cancelled the tour for personal and family issues" (source: http://twitter.com/warrel_dane ).
Also, congrats to Glenn on the awesome save. The festival lineup remains strong!

I just talked to Jim. Sanctuary is MORE than fine. They have been writing a lot over the past week and Jim said Lenny's songwriting has just gone through the roof, that he has improved so much. Not going to go into the Nevermore situation, but things are not good at all. They aren't breaking up, but that's all I can say.

I just talked to Jim. Sanctuary is MORE than fine. They have been writing a lot over the past week and Jim said Lenny's songwriting has just gone through the roof, that he has improved so much. Not going to go into the Nevermore situation, but things are not good at all. They aren't breaking up, but that's all I can say.

Brent, did you accidentally post on the wrong thread?

Is there any sort of timetable on when we should expect the band to explain what's going on?

Didn't ask. Honestly don't know if there is one. What confuses me is why they said a statement would be forthcoming, but then haven't issued one yet. He had to cut himself short because he was getting another call, but said he would call me back in a few days. We'll see.

It didn't take long for people to jump on me.

I listened to the clips provided, and to be honest, I get a similar feel that I get listening to Opeth, another band that I've tried to get into and can't.

I'm glad many are enjoying this addition. I wish I could be among those people.

Here's my personal opinion - those who don't agree with it can (CENSORED):

The members of ARCTURUS are nothing but a bunch of (CENSORED) for treating Glenn this way. And those (CENSORED) who are now demanding a refund (!!!) are just as (CENSORED) stupid. UGH!

And kudos to Glenn for getting another band of even higher caliber in place with such short notice.

I think the uncensored version hit the nail on the head, but I'll accept this coming from a new father. ;) Just don't get too soft in your new role.

I am amazed that Glenn has any semblance of sanity. I have a fairly stressful occupation, but I'd go 14 kinds of batshit trying to deal with the curveballs he gets thrown. Arcturus was the one band I really couldn't see myself watching from start to finish. I am fired up with Ihsahn. I've only listened to After, but I'll be checking out the rest of his solo work. Way to go, Glenn!

It didn't take long for people to jump on me.

I listened to the clips provided, and to be honest, I get a similar feel that I get listening to Opeth, another band that I've tried to get into and can't.

I'm glad many are enjoying this addition. I wish I could be among those people.

No worries, you strike me as a generally open-minded dude, not a hostile "if it doesn't sound like these 10 bands it's pretty fuckin stupid and not music *crosses arms and stomps feet*" type of dude. I don't think anyone can fault you for at least genuinely trying to get it. I'm not really into Ihsahn's stuff either truth be told.

It totally sucks that Arcturus dropped off in such an unprofessional manner, but I was actually praying to see Ihsahn on this fest at some point. Thanks for pulling this off, Glenn. :kickass:

This...just...I'm pretty much speechless. If I made it down this year, I wanted to see Arcturus, having been a fan for a couple years now. But Ihsahn is so high on my list of bands I want to see, and is one of the ones I've sort of accepted that it was probably a long shot to ever see him in the States.

The lineup was already phenomenal. But more than ever, I'm determined to make this year happen for me.

Ihsahn is a more than worthy replacement.

Indeed. Was getting into Arcturus simply because of their PP booking. I'm somewhat more pleased with the replacement. Seriously, Glenn has more of an advantage booking the bands early, but will, of course run into more issues with changes because of it. Nature of the beast. This is a more than adequate change up. Bring on the "Get To Know A Band - Ihsahn" thread.

On a side note, I'm more than done with how much fluid people exude from their bodies as a sign of excitement. Really? Call me ancient, but that shit is just so old and done with. Find another way to express your excitement.

It will take me some time to mourn the loss of Arcturus at PPUSA. They were my top band this year. I never thought I'd have the chance to see them and now that possibility feels even more distant. Maybe I'll never see them...and eventually I'll be okay with that once again.

However I must say that I am a crazy fan of Emperor. I really like Ihsahn's solo stuff and he is such a great replacement. I don't even need an Emperor song although that'd be sweet. I've just been an Arcturus fan for longer it will take a while to get over the fact that I won't probably see them live and the DVD will have to do.

The long and the short of this rambling post is that my initial reaction is extreme disappointment that I'm not seeing Arcturus. But I know that EVENTUALLY I will be crazy excited for ihsahn. I just gotta get rid of this initial disappointment first.

ATTN: Arcturus:

Some of your Fans, who really could'nt afford to attend this event went to really great lengths to be able to travel to the other side of the US, primarily to see you guys!

I'm sure the organizer went to great lot of work to get you guys on the bill.

"Hibernation Sickness" RLY? Thats a piss poor, arrogant excuse- or whatever you guys are deeming it! :puke:

Go back to your ice caves, and the other two: go back to making your generic Poor Man's Goth blather in Dimmu Borgir!

Just wanted to say to the organizers Thank you so much for arranging Ihsahn as a replacement, I can't imagine all the stress and hard work that you guys do to put this event on - it is greatly appreciated!

Cant wait to attend my first PP, Flaketurus or no Flaketurus, this will be an awesome event!

I will decide not to be angry at Arcturus, although I should. They've made 4 of my favorite albums ever, and I love their music. But it does suck that they were CONFIRMED nearly a year ago, and then decide to up and not go through with that commitment for some reason.

Nevermore quitting that tour and now Arcturus all in one week has left me a bit depressed.

But I'll agree with everyone who is excited for Ihsahn. He is SUCH a worthwhile replacement. I will enjoy every minute of his special set. Here's hoping he does some signings so I can shake his hand and let him know how much I appreciate his music (the same thing I would have said to Vortex, Hellhammer, and the rest if they'd have come with Arcturus).

On a side note, I'm more than done with how much fluid people exude from their bodies as a sign of excitement. Really? Call me ancient, but that shit is just so old and done with. Find another way to express your excitement.

I feel like literally every post from you nowadays is how you're "done" with something. If you don't like it you uhh, don't have to read it maybe possibly perchance sorta lolteehee?

It's part of the internet vernacular, and if it makes people more comfortable with their sexuality as a result props to them.

I feel like literally every post from you nowadays is how you're "done" with something. If you don't like it you uhh, don't have to read it maybe possibly perchance sorta lolteehee?

It's part of the internet vernacular, and if it makes people more comfortable with their sexuality as a result props to them.

You should be done with her being done... :lol: