Ark - Aradiokaos (2010)

Initial reaction was "Fuck Yeah...new Ark"..... when reading it wasn't with Jorn i have to admit the excitement factor is only about half....hope they get someone with big feet.

not as excited since Jorn is not involved...but will still give it a listen

Can't wait for this release. The musicians in this band are much better musicians than Jorn is a singer. Any decent singer will get the job done for me as long as the music keeps to past standards!

Wow, here's an interview I did with Macaluso a few years back. He says there will never be an ARK album again and he's obviously not talking to Tore at the time.

SoT: Let's talk about Adrian Holtz a little. He is credited as the singer of Ark , but ever since Jorn Lande left the band, Ark has been inactive. What is the scoop on Ark these days?

John: ARK is over and will never, ever be a band again, never. Me and Randy, Jorn and Mats still keep in touch and I will work with all of these guys again, but not ever in ARK. It's a shame, but the situation got too painful for everyone because of one. Adrian Holtz, I met in Boston , while searching for a new ARK singer, he is the coolest guy and an amazing singer. He lives in New York now and we work together on a lot of projects. My solo album is the first you will hear him on. We wanted him for ARK , but the band couldn't go on anymore. He rocks, very dark but hooky voice and that's what I love about him. I wanted the music on my record to be dark and moody but have a pop aspect to it, Adrian was perfect for that, a mixture of David Bowie, Roger Waters and Bono, with a metal way.

SoT: Are you still in touch with Tore Ostby and Randy Coven? What are they doing nowadays?

John: Randy and I talk everyday, in fact, that's his girlfriend at the beginning dialogue of the drum solo "Pretzel" on my record. We record a lot of records together and hand all the time. Tore never.

Full read is here if anyone's interested:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/article.php?sid=894

I read another interview in which Macaluso described Tore in very harsh terms and said that there was no chance of them ever working together on anything ever again, so the reunion thing is definitely making me wonder.

edit) Ahh, here it is:
http://www.hardandheavy.net/eng/interviews/index.php?op=1&id=141 said:
May I ask why Ark stopped his work?
Because Nobody in the band can or will work with the guitar player Tore Ostby again. Too much bullshit and stealing so after years of trying we decided to stop it. Jorn went first and I tried to keep it together, because I started it, but it got too painful and I was getting to the point where I couldn’t take the bullshit anymore, so we finally split. After that things became fun again in music and touring also I look foreward to again. It really sucks because I loved ARK, it is the most special thing I have ever done and I loved the people in the group, but when something internally dies, there is no way to bring it back.

Now, before this ends up as a thread where people speculate on who's the new guitar player of ARK; Tore and Mac are in fact on much better terms, and have even worked together recently :)

It can't be Ark without Jorn. I'm surprised they are even contemplating releasing this. No buy.
As I said in response to the same argument on a similar thread on the SyX board, I might have once had my doubts about anyone replacing Jorn Lande as well, but Kelly Carpenter completely smashed that belief on the second Beyond Twilight album. Check out something like this:

If they get him to replace Jorn I'll be one extremely happy chappy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm REALLY curious as to what Tore could have done to piss him off so much. By terms of composition, Tore is the best of the lot.

someone may have already said this, but Bjorn Jansson, the guy from Ride the Sky and Tears of Anger, would be a good replacement. That guy sounds a lot like Jorn.