Atlanta Cupcake Factory

Nov 14, 2008
Houston, Tx
www.facebook.com
Has anyone been to the Atlanta Cupcake Factory? I'm a cupcake fiend and during some internet research I came across their business. I can't pass up the opportunity to try a new cupcake in a new place. Anyone have suggestions on flavors to try?

I need to investigate this! I was in DC a year ago and passed by a cupcake shop near Georgetown and said "I'll stop on the way back." and by the time I got there the line was out the door and down the block - so I never got one (tear).

BABS apparently we are the only two interested in cupcakes. So sad but they're loss is our gain! Here's the info for Atlanta Cupcake Factory if you want it.

624 N Highland Avenue Northeast
Atlanta, GA 30306
(678) 358-9195
Open Tue-Thu 11am-5pm; Fri-Sat 12pm-8:30pm; Sun 12pm-5pm

I really think us ladies should put some serious consideration into finding this place! Who knows, maybe they could be the official Progpower Cupcake Sponsor for next year's fest.

It's not necessarily stuffing our faces if we are "researching this for the betterment of the festival" :)

I am loving the direction this thread has taken! I'm going on Friday. Maybe we could meet around 11 a.m.? We'll have to take a picture if we can get together and make it a regular thing. Who needs corsets??? We've got cupcakes!!!

I'm in...if the timing works out. I'm a sponsor, and as I recall, we usually pick up our passes on Friday around 10:30 or 11:00. A couple of important questions:

1. Is the cupcake place near a MARTA stop, or will we need to cab it?
2. Do they have frosting shots? :headbang:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=A...3.771459&longitude=-84.352496&geocode=ADDRESS

There's a map of its location. I've never been to Atlanta before (it's my first progpower) so not sure if it is near a MARTA or not. I know it's only about two miles from my hotel (Georgian Terrace).
Just an FYI, Google Maps shows Marta locations, pretty convenient when figuring out transit to various locations from the venue/hotels.

Look for the white M on a blue background - the Arts Center stop is towards the top-left of the map

Just an FYI, Google Maps shows Marta locations, pretty convenient when figuring out transit to various locations from the venue/hotels.

Look for the white M on a blue background - the Arts Center stop is towards the top-left of the map

Have you guys tried a website called "HopStop"? It gives you directions within a city how to get from one place to another via public transporation. I've used it when I was in San Francisco when I saw BAR Fest and it was really nice.

This is what it is saying to get from Center Stage to that Cupcake Factory outfit:

A 1374 PEACHTREE ST NE
B 642 N HIGHLAND AVE NE

walk:

Start out going North on Peachtree St Ne towards 17th St Ne

110 Bus:
Take the 110 Bus from Peachtree St NE and 17th St NE station heading to Wall St & Pryor St

Get off at Peachtree St NE and 3rd St NE

2 Bus:
Take the 2 Bus from 3rd St and Peachtree St station heading to Avondale Station North Bay

Get off at Ponce de Leon Ave NE and Highland Ave NE

Walk:

Start out going South on N Highland Ave Ne towards Blue Ridge Ave Ne

Arrive at 642 N HIGHLAND AVE NE

TOTAL TRAVEL 3.68 miles
45 mins

Just out of curiosity, I've pressed the "re-route" button and see what else it came up with, perhaps to avoid some of the buses, and this is what it came up with as an alternate route:

Instead of taking the #110 bus, it has you going walking to the Art Center MARTA stop and get on the MARTA train heading toward the airport. Take that down to the North Avenue stop. Get off there and walk down to catch the #2 bus at 3rd and Peachtree and follow as above.

@progmetalprincess - Turns out that Friday at 11:00 is probably cutting it too close for me to grab a cupcake *and* pick up my pass. Unfortunately, Friday seems to be the perfect storm for my favorite things in life (food, music, and U.S. Open tennis coverage) to all be going on at the exact same time. :lol:

@SkiBumMSP - Thanks for the tip on HopStop...I've always just relied on individual web sites for mass transit info...which depending on the city can be an exercise in frustration! I will have to check this out.

@ Babs... Don't fret about missing out on Georgtown Cupcakes.. yeah, they're nice n' pretty but highly overrated taste wise.. It's more the "in" cupcake place than an awesome one..

There is however another place that opened up that is still a little under the radar but I'm hearing good things about.. I gotta remember the name of it!!!