Black / Death Metal Suggestions?

I just thought of this one, based on the stuff you seem to like (melodic).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kKQXaAuJYY

This one's not bad. I like the guitar sound but the way they have the "blast beats"/16th notes ..... I just find the drumming annoying, but then I listen to the overall sound and I'm like: thats a nice sound. Gothenburg or Gothenburg influences i'm assuming?

Edit:
And with that ladies and gentleman I am bloody done with death/black metal for tonight! Thank Aeonic's gigantic post ffs More responses to come later

I just looked back and didn't see Sigh on Jason's list before. Jason, what do you suggest I start with in terms of their discs?

o7135.jpg

then
o7136.jpg

then

o7137.jpg

To be honest Simon, the only one I actually own is HANGMAN'S HYMN which I love. I need to go back and get more.
I saw them once a couple years back and they blew me away.
They incorporate a lot of styles into their unique brand of black metal... everything from thrash to goth to punk, but not in a "trying to be hip" way, if that makes sense....

This is one of my favs from this album:

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: After trying to quote I noticed you tried to post pics. They aren't showing up. Can you just say what albums?

The images should show up now.
btw, Sigh album titles follow an acrostic pattern. Every album starts with a letter in the word sigh, after h, they wrap back to s.

So I suggested

Hail Horror Hail
Scenario IV: Dread Dreams
Imaginary Sonicscapes

The first two albums: Scorn Defeat, and Infidel Art are fine, but more raw than ambitious. The first g is the Ghostly Funeral Art ep.

The images should show up now.
btw, Sigh album titles follow an acrostic pattern. Every album starts with a letter in the word sigh, after h, they wrap back to s.

So I suggested

Hail Horror Hail
Scenario IV: Dread Dreams
Imaginary Sonicscapes

The first two albums: Scorn Defeat, and Infidel Art are fine, but more raw than ambitious. The first g is the Ghostly Funeral Art ep.

Danke.

I just looked back and didn't see Sigh on Jason's list before. Jason, what do you suggest I start with in terms of their discs?

lol don't listen to HIM. Start with Imaginary Sonicscape. That's the album most people on this board would dig:

Then go get their last 3 albums and THEN get their first 5.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRXLHsHmfag&feature=related[/ame]

Also when you get Gallows Gallery, make sure you get the remastered version. It's the rare occasion where I actually advocate the remaster over the original. It's a shame The End had to remaster it because it's such a sick album. I remember reading that CM refused to release it because it had lyrics about WWII (probably the dumbest thing CM ever did) so they dropped the band. Also btw, the solo is done by Gunface from The Red Chord!!

This one's not bad. I like the guitar sound but the way they have the "blast beats"/16th notes ..... I just find the drumming annoying, but then I listen to the overall sound and I'm like: thats a nice sound. Gothenburg or Gothenburg influences i'm assuming?

Edit:
And with that ladies and gentleman I am bloody done with death/black metal for tonight! Thank Aeonic's gigantic post ffs More responses to come later

Nah. The Crown is Swedish, but they've always been doing their own thing and I definitely don't group them with the Gothenburg-style bands.

A few more for whenever you back around to checking songs out.

Since they've played Progpower you may have heard this one already. The song that got me into them:

Gothenburg metal from Japan:

What Children of Bodom SHOULD sound like: