CD recommendations for PP3

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
PP fans,

I'm pretty new to some of the bands on the PP3 line up and was wondering if some of you could help me pick out CDs.

Please note that I am new to these bands so I am hoping to get their most 'accessible' CD to begin with, and if I like the band then I'll get more later!

- Devin Townsend
- Reading Zero
- Zero Hour
- Threshold
- Silent Force

Thanks! :)

I have all the Devin titles in stock. I will be receiving Reading Zero titles in stock, watch for an announceent soon on that ;).

I am out of stock on the others but they are easy enough to restock if you want me to grab some for ya. Check out my store and read the MetalAges PERKS section to see why it's a good thing to buy from me if you're gonna buy em anyways :). My way of giving back!

As far as Silent Force... LOVE EM! Both albums are great in my opinion. If you dog Painkiller from Judas Priest you'll dig some of the tunes on the new silent Force a LOT. Threshold...these guys can't go wrong for me. Start with Hypothetical and work your way back. Hypothetical and Extinct Instinct are my favs from them.

I just listened to Silent Force - "Infatuator" the other day... and I am really impressed with how the album ends... the final 4 tracks are just brilliant... admittedly... there is a 3 song stretch that I always skip in the middle of the album (Promised Land, We Must Use The Power, Judas Priest cover). I find their strongest material to be that which deviates the furthest from the formulaic proceedings influenced by Judas Priest's "Painkiller" album (a formula that has been adopted by a number of contemporary metal bands, i.e. Primal Fear).