Chicago's summer/fall Metal shows..who's going to what?

Who else is playing that Firewind show?
That gig has a LOT of competition in Sept.

It's just Bavmorda and Firewind as far as I know, I wouldn't leave out that more bands will be added though.
Yeah that's going to be a crazy weekend, but thankfully the Chicago metal scene has a lot of support coming from people like Diabolik. :rolleyes:

Hey, I'll be there for Firewind. I am sure they will dump more local acts on that show too.

That week is going to be crazy for shows. I really think it will effect attendence for some of the lesser shows. Which is too bad.

you havent been to Quenchers Jason....Only reason I was there is for a party. They have this little side room where bands play. It is a terrible place for any kind of show but they have good food at the bar. I got a great mini pizza!

The official Bavmorda "Home-Made-T-Shirt" club!!
And yes that is Al's picture inside the heart that Joan has on her t-shirt.

aaDSCF1080.jpg

Nothing is funnier than an inside joke!!

HAR HAR! YOU'RE NOT IN ON IT. :loco:

Oh...wait...Jose posted the picture. I guess you're in on it now. :saint:

Damn...I kind of look like a Carebear. I'm like...Metalhead Bear, or something. My Carebear Stare stuns enemies with the power of cheesy prog/power metal. Or something.

I am glad you guys took that in good stride.
I have been in many bands myself, and know how it goes.
Good luck at the Firewind show.
Who else is on that bill by the way?

I think what really stinks is that the Firewind show will be overlooked by all the stuff going on around it. School is back on by then, plus there are 4 shows that week already. Basically it will be the die hards who are at the show. Too bad Firewind couldnt have ben added on the Sonata show the next day....they are doing that a few times on the tour already. I am also curious to see the turnout for the Epica show too. The worst part about this whole thing is that this summer there is nothing going on and that whole week it is packed with shows.

The tension is building... I cannot wait till the shows start invading the Midwest.

I will be attending the following shows this summer:
1) July 15th: To Die For/Shatter Messiah - here in Cudahy, WI (a stones throw south of Milwaukee).
2) July 21st: Port Washington, WI - Gin Blossoms (Yeah, yeah... they aren't metal, but it will bring back some good old memories of my college days back when they were big in 1992.)
3) August 8th: Sheboygan, WI - Dokken
4) August 28th: Kamelot at the Pearl Room. I have longed to see them for the past 4 years.
5) Still undecided... do I see Firewind on 9/20 or Edguy on 9/22? Gus G is phenomenal & Apollo P was an excellent new addition, but Edguy has so many old classics that I would love to see. Right now I am leaning towards Edguy.

I would like to see all the other shows at the Pearl Room with you guys, but it costs me about $60 in gas and tolls each round trip from Milwaukee. Thus I figure I can justify 2 more shows this year.

Other awesome news... I bought myself a new Canon Rebel XT digital camera. I can finally take awesome pics without using the harsh flash all the time. I will definitely be giving it a good workout at all the shows I listed.

See you guys there.

A bit of digging has made August at least a bit worth it

Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter on August 18th
Pelican/Clouds on August somthingth

I have tickets for Symphony X on 7/22.

I'll be at at least one day of Midwest Metal Anthem, I hope. But then probably not Kamelot since that will be too close to MMA and that week/weekend is getting cray-zee.

At the Symphony X show, I'll buy a ticket to Epica.

I'll probably pass on Firewind and Sonata Arctica since I'll see them at Progpower. But if I end up with a light calendar during that week, I might hit Firewind to support my peeps in Bavmorda.

I've seen Edguy twice already.

Heaven and Hell might be too far and too costly.

Ken