Chicago's summer/fall Metal shows..who's going to what?

not smart...it will be more empty than last year.

Depends on the caliber of bands.
There is no doubt that Euro power metal bands draw more in the states than doom. I think though that every year, each metal sub-genre grows in popularity.

Doom metal bands are definitely more of a "see them late at night in a dingy bar when drunk" , as opposed to the arena-ready crispness of Euro power metal.

Though with Prog Power, and the amount of power metal bands who tour regularly, there isn't much "wow" factor in booking power metal in the states as there was 5 years ago.

Anyhow, to sum it up, I am all for a good mix of genres......

No excitement about the Prong show coming up at The Pearl Room? o_O I'll probably be at that one.

The next big outdoor arena show for me will probably be RUSH! :kickass:

another September concert to add to that long week of shows....

Within Temptation at House of Blues on September 15th

I seriously hope they are touring with someone who draws.

I know all you prog power guys are going to get all pissy, but let's be realistic.

Do any of you seriously think they are House of Blues worthy?

I seriously hope they are touring with someone who draws.

I know all you prog power guys are going to get all pissy, but let's be realistic.

Do any of you seriously think they are House of Blues worthy?

Yeah...you would not believe their fanbase. In Europe they are huge, in the US they have a very rabid fanbase and on the last tour most of the people who came to the tour package they were on were for them. Sure it wont be a sellout but it will draw really well.

:lol: X 10000

Gimmicky prog power bands....
Overstating their draw since 2000..

Come on Bob......
When was the last power metal show you went to that wasn't empty?

No excitement about the Prong show coming up at The Pearl Room? o_O I'll probably be at that one.

The next big outdoor arena show for me will probably be RUSH! :kickass:
SNAP YO FINGAZZ! SNAP YO NECKK!
Had no idea Prong was still around. I was in love with Cleansing back in 94' and definitely will be attending this show.

1500posts:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
in celebration a Prong video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl-5TrGakWY

I saw Prong at the Bottom Lounge, about 5 years back, and then the year after that opening for Danzig at HoB.

They were ok, but the epitome of "going through the motions".

I saw Prong at the Bottom Lounge, about 5 years back, and then the year after that opening for Danzig at HoB.

They were ok, but the epitome of "going through the motions".
What do you mean by going through emotions if you dont mind me asking. I would say Cleansing was pretty straightforward and agressive then Rude Awakening was a little more radio friendly and industrial.

I just mean that in their live performance, they were just going through the motions. Not too much energy. They didn't really seem like they cared to be there.