Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus/Manticora North American Tour

Sign me up for the Atlanta date. Now all I have to do is get into CIIC and Manticora...

Huh? Cleveland is a fairly reasonable spot. Most of the startup tours for this stuff came through here - Symphony X, Kamelot, etc. Its on the way to or from Detroit and Chicago, as well.

Cleveland is very reasonable for this tour imo. Now, thats not to say it WILL, but its certainly a distinct possibility.

As the years have progressed, more and more of the shorter, lower-budget tours have been skipping Cleveland, and all of our metal fests have been disappearing, not to mention the fact that the venues suck ass, and the scene here is so poor compared to nearby locations. Cleveland just isn't the hot spot that it was a few years ago.

I'd be delighted if it does stop here, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

Quote:
- "Too much competition, I think."

Why do they all tour here in August, Sept, Oct.?
Could this not be part of the problem?

Let's face it, the fans that see these shows do have a limited budget to some degree and can't possibly be at all these shows in a three month period, especially if a commute is involved.
August is a heavy summer vacation month.
Sept, Oct is PP time which is becoming quite the investment (worthy).
Absolutely tough for many to see multiple shows these three months.
i know there were at least a half dozen I wanted to see I had to pass on.

I like that this one is Lat Feb, early March...can't remember the last show I considered traveling for this time of year.

The initial dates for the Circle II Circle (featuring Zak Stevens, ex-Savatage) North American Spring 2008 tour have been released:
  • 29-Feb - Atlanta - Sidelines Rock Live
  • 1-Mar - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
  • 14-Mar - Houston - F.B.I. Rock Club #1
Support will come Norway’s Circus Maximus and Denmark’s Manticora. Additional dates will be released soon.
Jaxx on a Saturday...I am SO there! :headbang:

Epica didn't even do so well here. Edguy last week was smaller than expected, too. Too much competition, I think.

I was surprised to hear that Edguy had a smaller than expected crowd. I think there were too many good power metal shows this year at Jaxx.

Also, I think many people felt that Rocket Ride wasn't that good of an effort compared to their previous albums. Last time I saw Edguy at Jaxx they played a co-headlining tour with Hammerfall. That place was PACKED! Oh well..

There is no zero chance that the tour will play any HoB venue. The reality is that this is two week mini-tour by unknown bands to most promoters. This forum distorts the reality of the popularity of certain bands. For example, the Epic tour is bombing much like the majority of the original Therion tour a few years ago. Playing in front of less than 100 people is a reality at times.

We have to prove these bands are a viable option on a small scale before attempting a more extensive tour with futher costs. Geographical distance and larger venues are cost prohibiting factors to make this "test" tour a reality.

You have to walk before you can run.

I expected as much and totally understand the $ figures involved. I am just happy this touring is happening...it's a great start!

As the years have progressed, more and more of the shorter, lower-budget tours have been skipping Cleveland, and all of our metal fests have been disappearing, not to mention the fact that the venues suck ass, and the scene here is so poor compared to nearby locations. Cleveland just isn't the hot spot that it was a few years ago.

I'd be delighted if it does stop here, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

I would think they would play Peabody's, like everyone else seams to be. I've driven up there in the past couple of weeks for Kamelot and Epica, and I'll be there this Friday for Edguy, and there have been a bunch of shows during the week that I would like to go see, but I can't do it.

Compare that to Columbus, Megadeth will be here this weekend, but nothing else has been here this summer.

This thing BETTER COME TO the NYC/CT/MA area.
You doubt?
My suggestion would be to skip the pricey B.B. Kings and play at the the Starland Ballroom in Sayerville NJ. Should draw the Philly/NYC crowd too.
Other NYC choices would be the Highland Ballroom, The Irving Plaza or Gramercy Theater. Please don't consider Club Rebel or any place in Brooklyn. :yuk:
Wherever it is though, I'll be there for sure. :headbang:

As for the Edguy, Therion and Epica tours floundering, they really need another headliner. Especially Therion and Epica. They just aren't well known enought to draw by themselves. Also, everyone coming over during the same time can definitely be a factor. I have so many shows at this time, I can hardly keep track of them all. I was scheduled for 4 last week, but only made 2. I surely would love to see more in January, March and April; typical dead months. Screw the cold weather. We need more metal.