'Crüe Fest '08'

kellsco

Jan 3, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Visit site
*I'm gonna have to take a pass on this I think.......*

MÖTLEY CRÜE has set a June 17 release date for its new album, "Saints of Los Angeles". The CD will be issued through Mötley Records, the band revealed today (April 15) at a press conference in Los Angeles.

In support of the album, MÖTLEY CRÜE will embark on a 40-plus-city North American amphitheater tour, beginning July 1 at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, Fla., and wrapping Aug. 31 at the Post-Gazette Pavilion in Pittsburgh.

Produced by Los Angeles-based Live Nation, Crüe Fest '08 will also feature rock acts BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, TRAPT and CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx's side band SIXX: A.M.

Tickets will go on sale via www.LiveNation.com beginning Friday or Saturday, depending on the market. Fans that can't wait for the onsale can get their tickets immediately by going to TheRockvine.com. Citi cardmembers will also have access to purchase presale tickets through Citi's Private Pass Program, available to all Citi cardmembers at www.privatepass.citi.com starting now and running through Friday, April 18 at 10pm.

Says Nikki Sixx of MÖTLEY CRÜE, "We are SO excited not only to headline our own annual summer festival, but also to be able to share the stage with the next generation of great rock bands. There's not a lot MÖTLEY CRÜE hasn't done so to say this summer's festival is going to be about rock 'n roll excess is an understatement. A night of hit songs by great bands and a trail of panties coast to coast ... Crüe Fest, hell yeah!"

Today's event featured the premiere of MÖTLEY CRÜE's brand new single,
"Saints of Los Angeles", which the band played live during a brief but raucous performance. The song, which also includes backing vocals by Josh Todd (BUCKCHERRY), Jacoby Shaddix (PAPA ROACH), James Michael (SIXX: A.M.) and Chris Brown (TRAPT) is the title track of the new album. Lyrically, the new album follows the story of the band's NY Times best-selling memoir "The Dirt", a no-holds-barred tell-all that features every gritty detail of the band's exploits as one of the world's biggest rock bands. The first single and video were serviced today to radio and television and the digital download was instantly made available for purchase at the iTunes Music Store. In an industry first, the song was also made available as a download for the Rock Band video game simultaneously with its single release.

In addition to being televised live on Fuse, the press conference was broadcast live online and syndicated on numerous websites including TheRockvine.com. MÖTLEY CRÜE chose to deliver the live stream using Microsoft Silverlight via iStreamPlanet, Co's iStream Player. The iStream Player is built on Microsoft Silverlight technology which is a lightweight cross-browser, cross-platform plug-in that delivers the next generation of fully immersive media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web. Silverlight ensures consumers worldwide have a consistent experience while watching content in any browser and on any platform.

Crüe Fest U.S./Canada tour dates:

Jul. 01 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
Jul. 03 - Tampa, FL - Ford Center
Jul. 05 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Jul. 06 - Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Jul. 08 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Jul. 09 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Jul. 12 - Philadelphia, PA - Susquehanna Bank Center
Jul. 13 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion
Jul. 15 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theater
Jul. 16 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheater
Jul. 18 - Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
Jul. 19 - Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Amphitheater
Jul. 20 - St. Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 22 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Jul. 23 - San Antonio, TX - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Jul. 24 - Dallas, TX - Superpages.com center
Jul. 26 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
Jul. 27 - Denver, CO - Coors Amphitheater at Fiddler's Green
Jul. 29 - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheater
Aug. 01 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
Aug. 02 - Los Angeles, CA - Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Haven
Aug. 05 - Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheater
Aug. 06 - San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheater at Mountain View
Aug. 08 - Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheater
Aug. 09 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
Aug. 11 - Vancouver, BC CA - GM Place
Aug. 13 - Edmonton, AB CA - Rexall Place
Aug. 14 - Calgary AB CA - Pengrowth Saddledome
Aug. 15 - Saskatoon, SK CA - Credit Union Centre
Aug. 17 - Winnipeg, MB CA - MTS Centre
Aug. 19 - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center
Aug. 20 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Aug. 22 - Boston, MA - Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
Aug. 23 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
Aug. 24 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
Aug. 28 - Toronto, ON CA Molson Amphitheatre
Aug. 29 - Albany, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Aug. 30 - Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion
Aug. 31 - Pittsburgh, PA - Post-Gazette Pavilion

Trapt is still around? I thought they were one of the casualties of the Great Nu-metal Implosion.

Motley Crue is the only band I'm interested in seeing. I absolutely hate every other band on this bill, and Papa Roach is one of the worst live acts I've ever had to sit through.

Jul. 08 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater - Scheduled to wash my hair on this day
Aug. 23 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center - Will be cutting my toenails on this day

Guess I need to pass on this.

Just bought my tickets for PNC, can't wait. I saw Motley Crue once and that was August of 2005 at the Borgata in Atlantic City. Incredible show, the band was tight as hell and I never in my life saw so many tits in one place! Should be a great show and I am a fan of the opening bands. Also Glenn, I love the Sixx:A.M. disc. I do not own it yet but have heard everything on it. I think Target has it on price cut for $9.99 at the moment, plan on picking it up any day now.

I've come close to buying that a few times, but haven't. From what I've heard I like the melodic sound. I'm hoping for an Alter Bridge type of sound, so is that in the ballpark? I'll probably purchase now due to your recommendation.

~Brian~
It's not too different from AB, actually. There's even some cool Savatage-esque orchestration on there, too.:cool:

MÖTLEY CRÜE , Crüe Fest '08 will also feature rock acts BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, TRAPT and CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx's side band SIXX: A.M.
Thanks!:kickass: It would be great if I won free tickets or something. The alcohol bill alone for this gig would be at least $50 for me!:OMG::loco::zombie::puke:o_O:cool: