Edguy in Mokena, IL

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
I arrived around 9pm, in plenty of time for Edguy :). How could I have missed the rest of the bands on tour with them? Funny you should ask (lets pretend you did)...

Today I went to a meeting for work in the morning, hosted my nephew's birthday party at my house, drove my grandma home, and then straght to Edguy from there. I think I was the nicest dressed guy in the venue :lol:... a little out of place, but its all good.

I've gone to four metal shows by myself this week: Katatonia, Epica, Sonata Arctica, and Edguy (and of course Cellador, The Agonist, Visions of Atlantis, and others on the same bill).

Edguy were absolutely fantastic, as usual (third time seeing them). Due to it being 10:30pm Sunday night, the house seemed to want to end the show without an encore. Tobias Sammet not only did the encore but seemed to taunt the venue by talking a ridiculously long time on stage between the two songs. Of course, Toby did his crowd involvement antics and high energy. Even if you never heard an Edguy song in your entire life, he makes it all but impossible to go without singing along to every chorus.

Setlist (from memory, I reserve the right to be wrong)
-----
Catch of the Century
Sacrifice
Babylon
Lavatory Love Machine
Vain Glory Opera
Drum Solo
Superheroes
Tears of a Mandrake
Save Me
Mysteria

Encore:
Avantasia
Knig of Fools

On some tours I've seen "Fallen Angels" added.

On an unrelated note, I bought one of those "I Eat Pussy" T-shirts at the show... which I'm wearing to bed now. My cat is all over my lap, desk, and keyboard distracting me as I type this in the worst way... not sure he's a fan of a picture of him with a knife and fork underneath.

Peace and good night,
A Michael

the show was awesome, I actually just got back from my five hour drive back to st. louis from mokena, so thats all that i have the energy to write right now.

they played great but they need to work on tier set list. it is very disjointed. It doesnt flow well and the opening song doesnt work as a good crowd pleaser for an opening song. I was glad the crowd was enthusiastic. Last time everyone just stood there. You were lucky you missed the opening acts. I tried but thanks to no traffic on the express way I got thier an hour or so earlier than I wanted.

I'm an Edguy fanboy, so I'd love to see this tour. It doesn't look like it's going to happen considering they're not coming nowhere close to me. I'm glad to see them back over in the states though.

~Brian~

Tears Of A Mandrake was played between Lavatory Love Machine and Vain Glory Opera, but other than that the set list posted above is accurate. Fallen Angels was on the set list as the last song before the encore but they played Mysteria instead. Great show, but they need to play a longer set and drop 1 or 2 of the opening acts. They also played about the first 75 seconds of The Trooper by Iron Maiden before they played Lavatory Love Machine. The crowd went nuts for that.

That show was above awsome. I am the girl that Tobi said he was goign to give me a birthday present too!!!! I love that guy!!! Edguy and my birthday are two very good combinations.

Awesome! My band Dendura is opening for them in Detroit! Cannot wait... if any of you are going to Detroit, Im selling tickets WAY cheaper than what you will get thru anyone else... may be a hike, but you never know!

denduraoct8thirockep3-1.jpg