Electronic music

TheRealLazare

Hammond-wrecker
May 29, 2002
Oslo, Norway
www.borknagar.com
Hi there, folks. I haven't been here much lately because of work, but now I'm back with a venegance. :)

I thought I'd ask you about electronic music this time around. What do you like? What do you hate? Is electronic music just complete shite, or has it got enjoyable moments as well? Do you think it's possible to enjoy electronica as a metalhead, or is love for electronic music gayer than Elton John in a hot tub filled with bratwürst?

C'mon people, speak your minds!

I love electronic music. We have even started incorporating it in my band's sound. As a metalhead, I have no problem admitting that I listen to Røyksopp. I think Melody AM i great. However, I'm not too fond of regular trance-music.

Ezaphen "Busted" :)

Hahaha, good question Lazare... Keyboard = electronic music :p
Grown up in a metal & goth scene here in my hometown, I do like electronic music too, as long as it is not Trance-, Acid-, Techno hardcore, etc... I mean the real extreme stuff...

Rammstein, My Insanity, Weissglut... using a lot of electronic elements and I really like some of their stuff...
Also I like songs of Enya, she uses electronic music in a different way...

Oh man, Morg, I love Enya!;)

But about Techno, I don't like the popish techno stuff. All this crap. You know what I mean. But I've found that I can really enjoy some of it. Though, lots of it, I think, is not made to have regular vocals, or vocals at all. But yes, I can enjoy it.:)

Electronic music can be great - I for example listen to a lot of industrial. What I don't like is this repetitive stupid booom-boooom-boooom-boooom (and so on, you get the point...) -techno which is only used by retarded jerks who want to show everyone else how big the boxes and bass-rolls in their car are...

hehe - Morg got it :lol: Anyway, I enjoy a lot of electronic music myself, although I'm mostly into the more experimental bands / projects like Aphex Twin, Xploding Plasix, Squarepusher, Kim Hiortøy, Einstürzende Neubauten and so on. I absolutely loathe trance and dance.

Originally posted by TheRealLazare
Aphex Twin

Oh yeah! >:eek:P I haven't heard all too much of this man,
but what I've heard is just twisted! hehe...

I used to enjoy ...and Oceans a lot a while back, don't
really think much of their new album though.

Well, I like some techno, as long as there are no stupid
female singers ruining the songs! lol >:eek:) It's great to
dance to, but damn, it's been a while!

And when I think about it... I LOVE GUITARS! :eek:)

Originally posted by henrikmain
Röyksopp is cool, Prodigy is cool. And this Norwegian eccentric artist called "The Main" is also quite cool.

http://www.mp3.com/themain

Download the track "Handleliste" ;)

1 kartong egg
8 tomater
1 kilo hvetemel
Skummet melk
Ketchup
Kaffefløte
Eplejuice
Gulost
Skinke
Salat

haha! :)

The only thing that comes to mind is what Mr.Bungle did on the Disco Volante album. Beside from that , nothing really sounds all that interesting to me.

And I hate Rammstein....

Front 242 is great, though I only know one of their albums.
And Mike Oldfield's The Song of Distant Earth is a masterpiece. It is not a full electronic album in a sense, I'd rather say, it's a synth dominated stuff with very few 'real' instruments. Very relaxing and recommended.

Originally posted by Tyr

And I hate Rammstein....

...me too...

however i like electronic in music.

nowadays i admit i am a bit bored by new trends in this field

... but for example i really like: bjork,klaus schultze etc.

electronic is a tool ...

so also electronic music can be good

:D

I also like metal with lots of electronica, like Arcturus had it on their "Disguised Masters" album. Two years ago I even was a big fan of The Kovenant's Animatronic album, but it's more one of those records that you like instantly, but gets boring kinda fast.
Originally posted by Tyr
And I hate Rammstein....
Ah, good to hear that, you're not the only one. :D

Like Lazre I'm into the experimental sides of electronical music, can't stand trance and that monotonous shite, I can like monotony in music, but it has to be interesting and spiritual, just pumping 4/4 beat simplicity in 250 bpm, is so dull.

Aphex twin is something to really dig into, and also liking ambient stuff...."Star inc" is nice, a mix of eerie realms and happy soundscapes....

Rammstein-not my thing

mr V

Okay---I'm a techno-retard. Aphex Twin is something decent to start with? So much techno that I've heard sounds about as musical as somebody's cell phone ringing---with a drum machine, of course.