ELVENKING-The Winter Wake

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Who here has this CD? I recently picked up my copy of this album, my first Elvenking CD, and am very much looking forward to their set at PPUSA IX! Thanks to all the band's sponsors!:worship:rock::kickass: Favorite songs on this album?

Good album, nothing will ever top their debut, Heathenreel...but this is definitely my second favorite of their discography.

Highlights include the title track, Swallowtail, and On the Morning Dew.

You know....I got The Scythe and that record slams. Anyone that knows me, knows I'm not into the whole LOTR type thing, and it took me a while to give it a chance. That record is really killer, much heavier and cooler than I ever expected. I'm looking forward to these guys....

IMHO, Winter Wake was the best blend of Folk and Metal out of all the other albums they've done.

In 2006 I got this album and the new Evergrey at the same time. I did not expect to love The Winter Wake but I thought it would at least be worth the money I spent on it. What I found was that over the following months I just kept putting this disc in the player, over and over again, without consciously realizing what a burner it was. My favorites continue to be On the Morning Dew and the outrageously catchy singalong anthem Rouse your Dream.

Who here has this CD? I recently picked up my copy of this album, my first lvenking CD, and am very much looking forward to their set at PPUSA IX! Thanks to all the band's sponsors!:worship:rock::kickass: Favorite songs on this album?

By far my favorite album by Elvenking!!! They could play most of the album live and I wouldn't complain!! All of it, for that matter! :headbang:

I will be thrilled to no end if Elvenking will play the following tracks during their PPUSA IX set:
Devil's Carriage
Rats Are Following
Rouse Your Dream
Neverending Nights
March Of Fools

Hell, I'd be happy if they played even 3 of those tracks!:worship:rock::kickass::cool:

I will be thrilled to no end if Elvenking will play the following tracks during their PPUSA IX set:
Devil's Carriage
Rats Are Following
Rouse Your Dream
Neverending Nights
March Of Fools

Hell, I'd be happy if they played even 3 of those tracks!:worship:rock::kickass::cool:

You probably won't hear any of those, unfortunately. Maybe Rouse your Dreams.

I wrote off Elvenking after listening to Heathenreel and hating the production quality.

Then I heard The Winter Wake playing in a store in Chicago, and was in full disbelief that it was them! Been listening to it since it came out. AWESOME ALBUM FRONT TO BACK.

Now spinning The Scythe to get familiar with the new material. Heavier, meaner, still the folk metal flavor in there, GREAT sound quality just like Winter Wake.

I wrote off Elvenking after listening to Heathenreel and hating the production quality.

Then I heard The Winter Wake playing in a store in Chicago, and was in full disbelief that it was them! Been listening to it since it came out. AWESOME ALBUM FRONT TO BACK.

Now spinning The Scythe to get familiar with the new material. Heavier, meaner, still the folk metal flavor in there, GREAT sound quality just like Winter Wake.
The Scythe is next on my list, followed by their forthcoming new release.