extra pre-show tickets?

If I considered any of you my friends I would just give you the ticket, but the fact is, I don't personally know any of you here very well, and those of you whom I kinda sorta know already have their tickets. No offense to any of y'all, and maybe the idea of $50 or more and free beers in exchange for the ticket wasn't such a great idea after all. HOWEVER, I am still also well within my rights to do so. Some of you peeps act like it's a crime against the metal gods to make some $$$. Why? Also, many of you guys seem to take all this WAY too seriously anyway. I can take it or leave it, but I wanted to see C II C and Theocracy this year, so I got tickets. After all, who wants to go by themselves, right? I respect all your opinions on this subject, even though I surely won't agree with all of them. Nuff said.

Curufin said:
How about I give you face value and a sincere thank-you?
:headbang: Now THAT is a response I can both respect AND appreciate! You and Demon are at the top of the list of the peeps here that still need tix for the PSP. If the folks I know back out of this deal, you guys will be the first to get a shot at the ticket, at face value plus a beer, OK?:kickass: Now, how's that sound, eh? I think that maybe NOW my priorities are finally back in order. Metal never really was all about greed, anyway.
:cool:

Sumeet said:
While I'm not the most morally-upright person in the world, I agree that it's not "fair" to buy extra tickets then try to sell them at inflated prices, and it's not something I'd actively engage in myself.

That said, I can't really claim the moral authority to tell other people they shouldn't do it. If someone has something that is of value to other people and those people choose of their own free will to pay whatever amount of money for it, I don't see why I should condemn it. And even if we do condemn it, there's no way moral outrage is going to trump the basic laws of supply and demand. However "wrong" it is to scalp with a high markup, it's going to keep happening as long as there continue to be people willing to pay those prices.

As far as I can see, it's a basic economic reality. For example, I am not soliciting bids for my pre-party tickets, and would not sell them even for 2 or 3 or 5 times what I paid for them. But if someone came along out of the blue and offered me thousands and thousands of dollars for them, I would sell them in an instant.
Thanks for playing the scalper's advocate here.:headbang: :lol:

7thSaviour said:
I have an extra ticket, but I won't sell it for face value.
:lol:
You need to take a lesson from SinDizzy. I for one would not even think of buying your tickets at greater than face value. I would only offer face value, plus fees, and shipping. Luckily i already have my pre-party tickets so it is a mute point.

Pyramaze51 said:
You need to take a lesson from SinDizzy. I for one would not even think of buying your tickets at greater than face value. I would only offer face value, plus fees, and shipping. Luckily i already have my pre-party tickets so it is a mute point.
P51, you missed my last few posts, dude. Don't be so quick to be judgmental until you've read everything first, which apparently you didn't do this time.:lol:

7thSaviour said:
If I considered any of you my friends I would just give you the ticket, but the fact is, I don't personally know any of you here very well, and those of you whom I kinda sorta know already have their tickets. No offense to any of y'all, and maybe the idea of $50 or more and free beers in exchange for the ticket wasn't such a great idea after all. HOWEVER, I am still also well within my rights to do so. Some of you peeps act like it's a crime against the metal gods to make some $$$. Why? Also, many of you guys seem to take all this WAY too seriously anyway. I can take it or leave it, but I wanted to see C II C and Theocracy this year, so I got tickets. After all, who wants to go by themselves, right? I respect all your opinions on this subject, even though I surely won't agree with all of them. Nuff said.

Just so you know I'm not totally against you making some money off this. I understand that you bought the extra ticket and it is yours to do with as you wish. However, I wouldn't say you are in your "right" to sell the ticket for more than face value, since scalpping is illegal. I certainly wouldn't expect you to give the ticket away though. That would be unfair to you. And as much as I don't like the idea of selling a ticket for more than face value, I understand that perhaps you want money for the mailing cost, whatever services charges you initially paid, and perhaps a little extra for your time and effort to sell the ticket.

It did bother me, however, that you seemed to be getting pleasure out of several others' unfortunate situations and the bidding war that you were instigating among a group of fans/friends. (You may not consider the people on here friends, but many of us do.)

7thSaviour said:
This ticket will go to the highest bidder, but I have all summer to decide.

Moreover, You also seemed to get a kick out of the fact that you could make people hold out for several months, while they beg and plead with you via email and the forum for them to be the one you select. Had you offered up the ticket, taken a few days to give everyone a chance to make you their offers and then given those folks your final decission, I wouldn't have cared if someone gave you $1000 and a truck of beer. (I would have thought they were a little crazy, but it's their money.) But instead, I think you're enjoying the anxiety that you are putting those bidders through and now you just want to milk it for everything you can.

In short - I'm not against making money. I'm against being a jerk. :Smug:

7thSaviour said:
If the folks I know back out of this deal, you guys will be the first to get a shot at the ticket, at face value plus a beer, OK? Now, how's that sound, eh? I think that maybe NOW my priorities are finally back in order. Metal never really was all about greed, anyway.

I'm glad to see you say this. And I think it's honorable of you to have re-thought your stance on the situation. I hope whoever you decide to give the ticket to will appriciate it (and I'm pretty certain they will). Rock on! :headbang:

PM me if you need 1 or 2 pre-party tickets. I'm not selling mine yet (will sell them for the same cost that I bought them), but I might not be going, so if I know who needs them from these forums I'll go to them first.

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
Just so you know I'm not totally against you making some money off this. I understand that you bought the extra ticket and it is yours to do with as you wish. However, I wouldn't say you are in your "right" to sell the ticket for more than face value, since scalpping is illegal. I certainly wouldn't expect you to give the ticket away though. That would be unfair to you. And as much as I don't like the idea of selling a ticket for more than face value, I understand that perhaps you want money for the mailing cost, whatever services charges you initially paid, and perhaps a little extra for your time and effort to sell the ticket.

It did bother me, however, that you seemed to be getting pleasure out of several others' unfortunate situations and the bidding war that you were instigating among a group of fans/friends. (You may not consider the people on here friends, but many of us do.)

Moreover, You also seemed to get a kick out of the fact that you could make people hold out for several months, while they beg and plead with you via email and the forum for them to be the one you select. Had you offered up the ticket, taken a few days to give everyone a chance to make you their offers and then given those folks your final decission, I wouldn't have cared if someone gave you $1000 and a truck of beer. (I would have thought they were a little crazy, but it's their money.) But instead, I think you're enjoying the anxiety that you are putting those bidders through and now you just want to milk it for everything you can.

In short - I'm not against making money. I'm against being a jerk. :Smug:

I'm glad to see you say this. And I think it's honorable of you to have re-thought your stance on the situation. I hope whoever you decide to give the ticket to will appriciate it (and I'm pretty certain they will). Rock on! :headbang:
I appreciate your arguments and comments. Obviously everyone here is a fan of the music featured at PPUSA VII and the PSP. I am most definitely a heavy metal fan and am certainly NOT a businessman at all. Greed, in this case, got the better of me and was certainly NOT good, with all due respect to Mr. Gordon Gekko.:lol: I really don't want to make any money off this deal at all, just face value and applicable fees and shipping/handling. That's all. I really feel sorry for folks like SinDizzy, whom I actually personally know, for the record. It's too bad he won't get to be there this year. I hope that all of you who want to go this year can still make it. I will most certainly decide sometime this month on whether I'll keep the extra ticket I have for a friend or sell it to one of y'all here, OK? I won't string everyone along unfairly all summer. I was flat-out wrong with many of my initial comments in this thread, and for that, I am truly apologetic. I hope we can all get along as well as possible in the future, despite the stupid/silly things I sometimes say, but most often usually later regret. Hail to you all! Metal rules, and so do its fans!:headbang: :kickass:

7thSaviour said:
P51, you missed my last few posts, dude. Don't be so quick to be judgmental until you've read everything first, which apparently you didn't do this time.:lol:
Your right and i offer my humble apologies, plus someone was talking to me. How bout 5 beers and call it even:kickass:

I need two preparty tickets!! Already got mine but two friends of mine didn't bought them on time.. we are driving down from Quebec (which is about 24h away from Atlanta!) then it sucks hard to skip one night of shows. If anyone have two tickets for sale please contact me it will be fucking appreciated! ;)

Thanks!

7thSaviour said:
I appreciate your arguments and comments. Obviously everyone here is a fan of the music featured at PPUSA VII and the PSP. I am most definitely a heavy metal fan and am certainly NOT a businessman at all. Greed, in this case, got the better of me and was certainly NOT good, with all due respect to Mr. Gordon Gekko.:lol: I really don't want to make any money off this deal at all, just face value and applicable fees and shipping/handling. That's all. I really feel sorry for folks like SinDizzy, whom I actually personally know, for the record. It's too bad he won't get to be there this year. I hope that all of you who want to go this year can still make it. I will most certainly decide sometime this month on whether I'll keep the extra ticket I have for a friend or sell it to one of y'all here, OK? I won't string everyone along unfairly all summer. I was flat-out wrong with many of my initial comments in this thread, and for that, I am truly apologetic. I hope we can all get along as well as possible in the future, despite the stupid/silly things I sometimes say, but most often usually later regret. Hail to you all! Metal rules, and so do its fans!:headbang: :kickass:

It is awesome that you took the time to reconsider and I'm even more impressed that you apologized. I didn't expect it, but the fact that you did truly says something about your character. I apologize for being too quick to judge. I probably said some stupid/silly things myself. Anyway, well done! Metal and it's fans do indeed rule! :headbang:

Awww ... I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. :tickled: Hehe! :D

It is awesome that you took the time to reconsider and I'm even more impressed that you apologized. I didn't expect it, but the fact that you did truly says something about your character. I apologize for being too quick to judge. I probably said some stupid/silly things myself. Anyway, well done! Metal and it's fans do indeed rule! :headbang:

Awww ... I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. :tickled: Hehe! :D
I used to live in MD and most of the Marylanders I know are really cool. Hail! I appreciate the jolt back into reality. :headbang:

7thSaviour said:
I used to live in MD and most of the Marylanders I know are really cool. Hail! I appreciate the jolt back into reality. :headbang:

Hey, no problem. In fact, your change in attitude has impressed me so much that I might even have to buy you a beer at ProgPower ... and I promise I won't wish you to choke on this one. :lol:
:kickass:

7thSaviour said:

THIS IS AN AWESOME POST!!!

Hey, no problem. In fact, your change in attitude has impressed me so much that I might even have to buy you a beer at ProgPower ... and I promise I won't wish you to choke on this one. :lol:
:kickass:
I especially appreciate the not choking on the beer part!:lol: :kickass: