Facepalm moment: 20 greatest drummers of the last 25 years....

This list should be more like:

Neil Peart (RUSH)
Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER)
Terry Bozzio (FRANK ZAPPA)
Gavin Harrison (PORCUPINE TREE)
Vinnie Colaiuta (FRANK ZAPPA, STING, JEFF BECK)
Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, CHICKENFOOT)
Steve Gadd (ERIC CLAPTON, PAUL SIMON)
Brann Dailor (MASTODON)
Thomas Lang
Stewart Copeland (THE POLICE)
Phil Collins (GENESIS)
Joey Jordison (SLIPKNOT, ROB ZOMBIE)
Josh Freese (A PERFECT CIRCLE, DEVO)
Nicko McBrain (IRON MAIDEN)
Cozy Powell (RAINBOW, WHITESNAKE, BLACK SABBATH)
Jeff Porcaro (TOTO, MICHAEL JACKSON)
Stephen Morris (JOY DIVISION, NEW ORDER)
Dave Grohl (NIRVANA, THEM CROOKED VULTURES)
Travis Barker (BLINK-182, TRANSPLANTS)
Steve White (PAUL WELLER, OASIS)

Haha, what the fuck? Fucking LANG bellow Barker, McBrain and Grohl? I don't like any drummers on that list, except maybe Chad Smith but that's not at all for his technical skills.

Also just to give the man some props - while I agree that Phil Collins is truly a terrific drummer, Chester Thompson who played most of Genesis's drums on tour once Gabriel left and Collins took over vocal duty, is right up their with Collins and does not get the credit he deserves. He took all the parts that Collins would lay down in the studio and make them all his own unique mixture of his own style combined with an eerie ability to sound just like Collins when he needed to. The man also toured with Frank Zappa and Weather Report, no small task in itself.

05. Dave Grohl (NIRVANA, THEM CROOKED VULTURES)

without debating the list itself...what about the foo fighters?

or, better yet, how about QOTSA, who grohl did the best drumming of his fucking life with??

It´s natural to have that list based on fame instead of skill, but I it´s very weird to not have iconic drummers such as Keith Moon, John Bohan, Dave Lombardo, Lars Ulrich and Igor Cavalera.

well...granted, the list is for the last 20 years, which totally counts out bonham and moon, and ulrich and cavalera did most of their best work damn near close to 20 years ago if not more...but still, piece of shit list is a piece of shit!

without debating the list itself...what about the foo fighters?

or, better yet, how about QOTSA, who grohl did the best drumming of his fucking life with??

I didnt think grohl ever played drums in foo fighters??

@theRev
Barker is a damn good drummer. I think a lot of people discredit him because he plays in blink and spends the majority of his time drumming for rappers......
but thats because HES GOOD. plus he is the most popular drummer alive right now. so of course he is going to be on the list.

i would want to see the drummer of american football, or elliott on there but i know its not going to happen because you have to have a certain degree of popularity.

If anyone should be upset by anything, its dimebag's death not being on VH1s 100 most shocking moments in music!!!!!!!

not live, but i was pretty sure he played pretty much everything in the studio on their 1st album

He also continued to play drums on every album after that. He just doesn't let people know which songs exactly he played on so the fans won't argue about who's the better drummer.

Lists like these are made to piss people off and get them posting links and talking about them in web forums.

Mission accomplished.

Lists like these are made to piss people off and get them posting links and talking about them in web forums.

Mission accomplished.

This. List is pathetic, even though I do agree Grohl, Jordison and Barker are great drummers (whomever said Grohl´s best performance was QOTSA, I agree!), there´s so much great influential drummers of the last 20 years that are so missing from that list

I really do not understand how a musician can be quantified into some sort of number and put into a ranked scale like this.
Isn't being a musician about individuality and self-expression?
All of the drummers in the list and all of the drummers people are talking about all express something different and unique to them and trying to say any form of self-expression is better than another just doesn't really ring true to me, or has everyone completely lost sight of that?

^ This is true, however I think one may distinguish to a certain degree between those who are capable of expressing themselves. Some drummers (and this applies to anyone who falls into the category of self-expression through arts and crafts, and even simple use of language outside literary art) are better at expressing themselves (have better techniques to pull off what they wish to express) than others.

However this is a two-sided argument.

One might say that a person beating on pots and pans who intends to do so in some form of creative way without having any prowess in drumming might be considered better than a technically good drummer who's trying to play death metal music yet cannot fully dedicate his technique to what is required in the genre.

So, whilst it is very vague to try and categorise musicians, I think one may point out that certain drummers are more capable than others in doing what they intend to do due to practice and knowledge of techniques and theory.

Just my 2 cents, of course.

@theRev
Barker is a damn good drummer. I think a lot of people discredit him because he plays in blink and spends the majority of his time drumming for rappers......
but thats because HES GOOD. plus he is the most popular drummer alive right now. so of course he is going to be on the list.

Yeah Barker is good. But his spot is still highly debatable. So many other drummer on that list under him that could smoke his skill.