Rolling Stone list top 100 drummers.. Actually pretty decent

Jimmy Chamberlain is a great drummer, if you see them play FUCK YOU (an ode to no one) live on their videos DVD, he goes off tap.

There are some great drummers in there. I mean drummers that play with great musicianship, taste, technique etc, not just guys who play average (or worse) drums in a band that sells a lot of records (although there are some of those in the list too). It's much better than that ballsup of the 100 greatest guitarists.

When asked if he thought Ringo Star was the best drummer in the world by a reporter, John Lennon replied "Ringo? He's not even the best drummer in the band!" I think he's a sweety and I love the Beatles but if I ever see him in a poll above Roger Taylor and Dave Grohl again, I will have him shot.

These lists are a bunch of spunk.

For one, John Bonham should be like the 150th drummer on this list! he sucks! Danny Carey should be like 1st or 2nd. And Matt McDonough should be at least in the top 20. Joey Jordison should be in the top 10.

Danny Carey :worship:

Woah, just noticed this has more than 10,000 views! Odd.

Oh, you type in "rolling stone list 100 drummers" into Google and this page is the first to come up. I see.

I've gotta say the top 20 are ok. I'd like to see Ian paice higher though, top 5. Nevertheless, Rolling Stone's "greatest" lists are usually crap.

Not quite on topic but not worthy of it's own, I found this on Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica%27s_ninth_studio_album said:
The album is the band's fifth consecutive studio album to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 in the United States, making Metallica the first band ever to achieve five consecutive number one debuts.[3]

While I think it's awesome to have Metallica hold that particular crown, it's also pretty... disappointing? Disheartening? Confusing? Depressing? I'm not sure but it's pretty SOMETHING to think St Anger actually reached #1 at all let alone debuted there.

You've got to remember the enormous hype and excitement around that album though.

6 years in the making, no Newstead, a change in direction from the "sellout pop-metal" that they'd turned into (just the impression that I had at the time, not my own opinion).

Hell, it's still the only Metallica album I've even bought. (I've relied on my brother for all of the others).