Favorite Gamma Ray CD?

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
OK, we all know how popular Helloween is, especially with the Keeper 1 & 2 albums. But what about Kai Hansen and the boys? I will always hold "Heading For Tomorrow" close to my heart because it was the first Gamma Ray CD I heard. At the time (and still) I think of it as a Keepers 3 album. Its what Helloween should have sounded like instead of "Pink Bubbles Go Ape". There is also no comparison that "Land Of The Free" comes a very close second. "Powerplant" is third with "Sigh No More" and "Insanity And Genius" coming third and fourth. I'm still soaking in "Land Of The Free Part 2" What do you think?

I always wanted to ask Kai if he offered any of the material on "Heading For Tomorrow" to Helloween before he left? Did they reject it?

I thought with the album after No World Order that they just got boring. Everything including and before No World Order (especially Heading for Tomorrow and Sigh no More!!!) is pretty awesome. One of the few bands that the change in singers (From Schepers to Hansen) didn't effect the quality of the band at all.

Somewhere Out In Space.

Land Of The Free is a very close 2nd for me.

Alive '95 is pretty damn sweet too.

I am currently more excited about seeing Gamma Ray for the first time than I am for the rest of the nights combined.

I disagree with Zach, I think the stuff with Scheepers is kinda boring...it's when Kai took over vocal duties that the band....clicked. There's something about Kai's voice that makes Gamma Ray for me. I'm still a Gamma Ray n00b...I got on board with them much later than I ever did with other German speed/power metal, which is a crime as I'm loving them. Land of the Free reigns supreme for me, with Powerplant at a close second.

This may be cheating, but I find myself listening to Blast From The Past alot lately. I love Kai's vocals, and with this I get the reworked stuff from the Ralf era with Kai's spin on them....

That said - Land of the Free is THE pinnacle Gamma Ray disc.....

I like Majestic as well.....Blood Religion, Fight, Spiritual Dictator, and Condemned To Hell are all great tunes.

Sigh No More. I havent listened to a Gamma Ray album since Ralf left. It pains me too much. Kai's vocals are very *meh* to my ears.