Favorite Gamma Ray CD?

Sigh No More. I havent listened to a Gamma Ray album since Ralf left. It pains me too much. Kai's vocals are very *meh* to my ears.

:err:
Sorry, hard to buy into that you were a Gamma Ray fan in the early years because of Ralf. Not really a reason anyone was ever interested in this band in fact. No knock to Ralf at all by the way, just saying.

Sorry, hard to buy into that you were a Gamma Ray fan in the early years because of Ralf. Not really a reason anyone was ever interested in this band in fact. No knock to Ralf at all by the way, just saying.

Couldn't the same be said about Barlow and Iced Earth? I mean, he didn't really have *that* big of an effect on the band, it wasn't fans that liked *him*... it was all because of Jon.

I wasnt a Gamma Ray fan because of Ralf. I was a Gamma Ray fan because the music and vocals kicked arse. The reason I don't listen to them anymore is because I dont like Kai's singing. If someone else more to my liking sang nowdays-I would still listen to them.

I heartily disagree with your comment. I have been a Gamma Ray fan since "Heading For Tomorrow" was first released in 1990. What drew me in initially to buy the disc was it had a big fat sticker on the front that said"Featuring Kai Hansen formerly of Helloween" plus it was in the Helloween bin at my local store.. But when I listened to it I loved the combo of Kai's guitar/ songwriting and Ralfs voice. I was not a minority in this respect either as all the fans of Gamma Ray I talked to at the time felt the same way. Jasonic, I do respect your opinion if you are not a fan of Ralf in Gamma Ray, but don't denounce something unless you know it as fact.

Ray S.

Believe it or not, people have all kinds of opinions and tastes, even the ones that are hard to buy into. Facts indeed. :)

I'm not sure I understand this argument correctly.

Person A: I liked [band] because of their singer.
Person B: No you didn't.

is that basically it?

Its really not an argument more so of a simple difference of opinion. It all has to do with Ralf Scheepers vs. Kai Hansen. Jasonics point was he didn't believe Ralf was the reason that people were into Gamma Ray in the early years. But from all the people I have talked to over the years that were/ are fans of Gamma Ray in the early days, they loved the combo of Kai's guitar/ songwriting and Ralfs voice. But thats what these forums are for, to give your opinion, thats all that me and Jasonic are doing.

I love the RS era very much, but I also respect and admire the KH-fronted albums for what they are. Yes, at this time I am a much bigger PF fan than I am of Gamma Ray, but that's taking nothing at all away from Kai Hansen. Can't wait to hear the forthcoming RS solo disc!

I'm not sure I understand this argument correctly.

Person A: I liked [band] because of their singer.
Person B: No you didn't.

is that basically it?

Kinda lol. I actually never said I liked a band just because of their singer. I've been a Gamma Ray fan since the first album. I was a fan of a band and was accustomed to the way they sounded. They changed the sound, I didnt like it, so I don't listen anymore. Simple as that. I had the same problem with Angra-although the Aurora Consurgens album made me a fan again. I guess I can be brought back too lol.

I can go back the other way too. I did'nt like Arch era Fates Warning but love Alder era Fates. Vocals can really make or break a band IMO, specially in our favourite 2 genres.