Favorite Gamma Ray CD?

Kinda lol. I actually never said I liked a band just because of their singer. I've been a Gamma Ray fan since the first album. I was a fan of a band and was accustomed to the way they sounded. They changed the sound, I didnt like it, so I don't listen anymore. Simple as that. I had the same problem with Angra-although the Aurora Consurgens album made me a fan again. I guess I can be brought back too lol.

I can go back the other way too. I did'nt like Arch era Fates Warning but love Alder era Fates. Vocals can really make or break a band IMO, specially in our favourite 2 genres.
FW eras:
Arch 10/10
Alder 9/10

By the way I saw Hellish Rock in Mass over the weekend. AMAZING SHOW! It was just Gamma Ray & Helloween, no other bands. Gamma Ray played for over an hour and Helloween did around 80 minutes. Then there was an encore with the members of both bands. Helloween's set was very 'hits' oriented but that's fine with me. And they opened with Halloween! Also, that Kai Hansen is a snappy dresser, was wearing a nice semi-formal dinner suit jacket.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gamma Ray and Helloween on Thursday, it will be my first Progpower and first time seeing both bands so I'm very excited.

My favorite GR albums include Powerplant, No World Order, LOTF II, Majestic and Somewhere Out in Space.

I'm kind of the opposite of some of the people here I think, as far as the whole vocals thing is concerned. I prefer Kai, although I don't mind Ralf at all. I think he's fantastic in Primal Fear. I'm personally partial to the current lineup, it seems a lot stronger to me with Henjo and Daniel on board.

I'm extremely excited, these next few days are going to go by way too slowly.

:)

1. Somewhere Out In Space
2. No World Order
3. Powerplant

I enjoy all of the albums a lot, but if i had to pick top 3: Those be it.

I'm Dan-O-War and i approve this post.

It's gonna be so awesome!!!

Apparently they missed their call in on some radio show today, I listened to it and the guy kept going well... if those wacky Germans ever call in we'll do our interview, and yeah, it never happened.

Ahh, good times :)

The setlist looks killer, I wonder if they'll do anything special for Progpower :D

It's gonna be so awesome!!!

Apparently they missed their call in on some radio show today, I listened to it and the guy kept going well... if those wacky Germans ever call in we'll do our interview, and yeah, it never happened.

Ahh, good times :)

The setlist looks killer, I wonder if they'll do anything special for Progpower :D
I am hoping that Piet Sielck will join GR onstage Thursday for a couple old Iron Savior tunes!:worship:rock::kickass::cool:

Ooh that'd be awesome!!!!!

I just hope they wander around some after the show. I wanna be like HEY HENJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting SO long to see them, it's gonna be so frickin cool!!!!!!!

I'm on the official 24 hour countdown, my flight gets into Atlanta at 4:26 pm.

Woo!!!!! So yeah, if you see a girl with red shorter hair with blonde highlights wearing a Maiden Killers shirt, on Henjo's side of the stage, that's me :D