Festival Date is...

I'm at the Granada again this year. I don't care where anyone else stays, or why, none of my business. I'm at the Granada again because of the proximity to Earthlink. If it costs me more to stay there, oh well, it's my money.

I checked the Hampton and for the same room, non-smoking double, it came out to $16 less than the Granda. That's for the entire weekend stay, mind you, not per night. We all have our reasons for where we stay, and were only spending our own money, not anyone elses, so patronize the hotel of your choice. It is nice to have this many options so close to the venue.:)

My roomie Joe and I will be at the Residence Inn this year... we're paying an ungodly $159 for Wednesday night, and $99 a night for Thurs-Sat nights.

It sure beats the $140/night we were looking at for the Hampton Inn.

Wait till next year when your beloved Hampton gets in line with the prices other venues are charging.

Actually, the cheapest room at the Hampton was $129, vs. the $99 I'm paying at the RI.

I'm at the Granada again this year. I don't care where anyone else stays, or why, none of my business. I'm at the Granada again because of the proximity to Earthlink. If it costs me more to stay there, oh well, it's my money.

It's not about the money, it's about the shitty level of customer service many of us have experienced, plus the fact that the standard rooms at every other nearby hotel are nicer than the ones at the Granada. (I hear tell that the suites at the Mariott hotels are nicer than the suites at the Granada, too.)

It is nice to have this many options so close to the venue.

Agreed there... I hope the hotel situation near Powerfest this year is as good (though it will likely be much cheaper, LOL).

My fiance & I were at the Residence for PPVI, but got bumped the first night to the Georgia Tech hotel due to Hurricane Katrina victims staying there. The Residence paid for our night there (they did a random thing and we were on the bumped list), but got to stay there Fri-Sun. A little inconvenient at the time, but at least we saved $$ on one nights hotel stay. It was worth everything just to be there that weekend!!! We liked the hotel itself for their hospitality, very nice place & only a block walk from the venue.
So once again, we will be at the Residence, $99.00 per night, we're already booked!!! :cool:

See you all in September!!! :headbang:
Deb

booB said:
My roomie Joe and I will be at the Residence Inn this year... we're paying an ungodly $159 for Wednesday night, and $99 a night for Thurs-Sat nights.

It sure beats the $140/night we were looking at for the Hampton Inn.

Wait till next year when your beloved Hampton gets in line with the prices other venues are charging.

Actually, the cheapest room at the Hampton was $129, vs. the $99 I'm paying at the RI.

It's not about the money, it's about the shitty level of customer service many of us have experienced, plus the fact that the standard rooms at every other nearby hotel are nicer than the ones at the Granada. (I hear tell that the suites at the Mariott hotels are nicer than the suites at the Granada, too.)

It is nice to have this many options so close to the venue.

Agreed there... I hope the hotel situation near Powerfest this year is as good (though it will likely be much cheaper, LOL).

huh
I got my room for $95 a nite every nite at the Hampton(OK its a smoking room,but whatever)

Rick Pierpont said:
Yeah, I got the RI for the Thurs. - Sun. package @ $99. I also added Wednesday for $159. At least I'm planning on finally making it on Wednesday this time! :) If not, I'll cancel that night.

So far, so good! Can't wait to hear the rest of the announcements!

Dude! Cool -
Me and my boys are set at Residence Inn as always - great place! We gotta have that Enchant discussion we talked about on the other board - especially if the Ed-Man himself shows up! :headbang:

Well, we snoozed, we loozed. :erk:

No rooms available for 2 - 2 bed rooms at either the Granada or the Residence when I just called. :cry:

So we're gonna be at the Courtyard ($159 1st 2 nights/$99 2nd 2 nights). But NEXT YEAR we're gonna make our reservations THE DAY the dates are announced.

Hey, Kevin Madden,
If you're trying to find the Chinese Buddha this year, follow these directions:
1) Exit the Hampton Inn and head in the direction of the Shell gas station, but do not cross the street (if I recall, you'll be heading toward 14th St.)
2) Turn left and head for the bottom of the hill. The Chinese Buddha should be within your sight.
In my opinion, the food isn't the best. However, your pickin's is slim at 2 A.M. in Midtown Atlanta. In addition, you never know who you'll run into at that place. I hope this helps.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

BABS said:
Do you snore?

LOL, I think hotels could make a bundle if they had a few designated "snoring" rooms...
I will say that ear plugs work great for that! My prog bruthaz can actually get some sleep with those in! Besides, you need them anyways for PP! Well down in the pit at least.

J-Dubya 777 said:
No but I have been diagnosed as a sleep-deficator.....

J-Dubya
:yuk: You're not staying at the RI are you!?! If you are, and are sleeping on the same floor, as I am, please bring nose plugs for the rest of us, down the hall! :guh: If you don't, I'll have Greykiller eat a bunch of Taco Bell and errupt a pyroclastic flow in your bathroom! :devil:

Unca Kev said:
:yuk: You're not staying at the RI are you!?! If you are, and are sleeping on the same floor, as I am, please bring nose plugs for the rest of us, down the hall! :guh: If you don't, I'll have Greykiller eat a bunch of Taco Bell and errupt a pyroclastic flow in your bathroom! :devil:

Is that a threat or a challenge? :) Just keep onions away me, and everything
will be fine. :Spin:

J-Dubya

Pellaz said:
And airlines would do well to schedule "NO crying babies" flights. :tickled: :Spin:

OMG, that reminds me of a good one! A few weeks ago my daughter and I attempted to fly out to Burlington, VT. I won't go into grave details, but let's just say two days, two different airports and still never arrived to Burlington! The last flight (which was the one where I demanded to be sent back to my orignating city) was on delay. I had this guy from the military sitting next to me, people were lined up at the counter, kids crying & whining like you wouldn't believe. All of a sudden the military guy says "Ok, we just need to see someone vomit and then all of the senses can be represented."

I couldn't stop laughing...

Nerd nuthin! We'll be Jonesing for the net and after last year, we'll definitely get it!

Besides... I'm a FAT FUCK. Need to march more. Got no problem drunk-crawling back an extra few blocks on my hands and knees. Heh heh...

"Look! It's a creeping kid! For my film, 'The Creeping Kid'! "