Final 2 Headliners

Hmm, I don't remember the 'one returning band as headliner' post from Glenn, but if so, we have to be looking at someone like Gamma Ray or Kamelot. Maybe Blind Guardian, although they have toured more.

I'm not sure if he said that either, but since we have only one (sort of) a repeat in the form of JoP, I'm guessing we'll have at least one more on the roster, and Gamma Ray and Kamelot are the two I think are most likely as well. I really hope Kamelot don't headline, however, as I'm not a fan of their latest two albums and it seems that's all they want to play live these days.

Obviously, anything can change depending on if Glenn gets who he originally wanted or not, but in the "Roster Clue" thread, he said there would be 2 returning bands.

And the only "returning" band we have, is JOP, as Glenn said himself (in the "Perspectives on the roster" thread) that he considers them a returning band.

What's left is somewhat of a quandary, if in the clue thread he said 2 returning bands. In the IX thread he said one headliner would be a Power band which would "cement" the ProgPower name. That would seem to indicate that it won't be a repeat, because a repeat band wouldn't do anything more to cement the name than they already have.
The other headliner he said would be Prog/Power, which could mean that they're either a Progressive, or a Power, or a Progressive Power band. More to the point he said he was still exploring options for that slot, which would indicate that band for that position has yet to be selected. In that case there's no reason to assume it will eventually be a repeat band.
Add to that both bands have to be big enough that there "will be no controversy."

I still expect Helloween, Iced Earth, Rhapsody, or HammerFall, in either a combination of two, or one plus a return of either Brainstorm or GammaRay.

What's left is somewhat of a quandary, if in the clue thread he said 2 returning bands. In the IX thread he said one headliner would be a Power band which would "cement" the ProgPower name. That would seem to indicate that it won't be a repeat, because a repeat band wouldn't do anything more to cement the name than they already have.
The other headliner he said would be Prog/Power, which could mean that they're either a Progressive, or a Power, or a Progressive Power band. More to the point he said he was still exploring options for that slot, which would indicate that band for that position has yet to be selected. In that case there's no reason to assume it will eventually be a repeat band.
Add to that both bands have to be big enough that there "will be no controversy."

I still expect Helloween, Iced Earth, Rhapsody, or HammerFall, in either a combination of two, or one plus a return of either Brainstorm or GammaRay.

I stand corrected. You do have a good point.

Whatever, we'll see, and I'm sure a good deal of us will be satisfied, and even maybe as many disappointed.

I'm holding out on Bruce Dickinson, Lost Horizon reunion, 'Sanctuary', Manilla Road, Hammerfall, Falconer, Rhapsody, Helloween, or Blind Guardian (makes some sense, returner, power metal, but... they just toured here last year. So don't know. But after Sonata Arctica not sure if it really matters if they just recently toured or not).

I hope not Nevermore :(

My dislike for this band would fill volumes & has been well documented on this board...so your post gets a nod from me.

Headliner picks? Labyrinth comes to mind...Vanden Plas, if the visa issues can be ironed out. Definitely Iced Earth w/Ripper...not sure that could happen considering the $. I would really like to see Angel Dust return...with new material. Not sure about a headliner spot though...maybe Showcase. I believe Vicious Rumors would do well. Another return engagement would be Brainstorm...not a biggie with me, but would probably go over good. Someone mentioned Eldritch...I've liked them since their beginning...newer material not as strong as earlier stuff IMO, but it is heavier. It's getting harder every year to call these.

Ah, so the Anti-Amorphis crowd can blame you for this? :)
If you guessed this with no inside info, kudos to you, I'd have never even considered them...