Final 2 Headliners

But, I.E. asking for too much $$?? This is I.E. we're talking about, not KI$$, or Aerosmith, or Rush who want $100 a ticket! I can't see Jon saying that.

Rhapsody was also demanding too much money a few years ago and then proceeded to open for Manowar. Just because they are not hugely known acts in the US, does not mean their monetary demands are within Glenn's budget.

Just have Iron Maiden play both nights... Have them play the Powerslave album on Fri & then a mix of all the hits on Saturday...

Also, I've see IE co-headline w/ In Flames for Horror Show & headline the Something Wicked Tour...

I recently heard about that special guest thing too from their MS page guy. But, I.E. asking for too much $$?? This is I.E. we're talking about, not KI$$, or Aerosmith, or Rush who want $100 a ticket! I can't see Jon saying that.

Nothing personal, but I really think you need to take an Economics class and learn what a budget is.

Just have Iron Maiden play both nights... Have them play the Powerslave album on Fri & then a mix of all the hits on Saturday...

Boring and Unimaginitve.

Also, I've see IE co-headline w/ In Flames for Horror Show & headline the Something Wicked Tour...

Ok, well maybe they did, but the tour was not
"nation-wide". It came nowhere's near Connecticut-(The Anti-Metal state!)! These guys need to do that, & play all 50 states, & more cities in the bigger states! & not just hol-in-the-wall clubs, but larger size clubs, & even medium sized theaters.

Nothing personal, but I really think you need to take an Economics class and learn what a budget is.

Uh, yeah ok. Mr. Treasurer of Metal! Well, if I.E. was as greedy as you perceive them to be,... they'd have taken the MetallicA route! Or shall I say AlternacrapicA?! But, what TRUE Metal-Head worth his weight in chains would want that??

From what I read quite a while ago, it is going to be called a Blind Guardian recording and it is/was supposed to be out in 2008. I didn't just make this up or pull it out of the air. This is what I read. It will just have no guitars on it. Just Hansi and an orchestra.

There's also a 12 minute interview at the end of "A Twist In The Myth", in which in part they discuss that CD you're talking about as well. :p

Just curious, what band screwed Glen over twice? & when/how did they do this?

Neveragain = Nevermore. They were all set to headline last year and ended up backing out because of a European tour opening for another band which (if I recall correctly) never even happened. I forget the details of the previous time but I don't think they were announced but pulled out at the last minute of negotations. Someone else will have to correct me on that one.

Neveragain = Nevermore. They were all set to headline last year and ended up backing out because of a European tour opening for another band which (if I recall correctly) never even happened. I forget the details of the previous time but I don't think they were announced but pulled out at the last minute of negotations. Someone else will have to correct me on that one.

WOW! I remember about the recent thing w/NM, but didn't realize they had done this twice. If their tour manager had booked 2 gigs at the same time, then shit happens! But if they turned down PPUSA, because they thought the other tour would be better. Then that's just lame! PPUSA is ONE weekend, they could have postponed the tour for 3 days! DAMN! Well, anyway. I still dig their tunes, but if they were just being dicks, then what comes around, goes around. & when they have trouble booking gigs, then they'll know why!

Let me step in here on behalf of Nevermore. The band is not to blame and I hold nothing against them personally. I was completely pissed about them canceling on me at PP I. That was simply their management simply deciding to do something else and blowing me off. They changed management within 1-2 years of that if I'm not mistaken.

In regards to the last time, they were offered the opening slot on the Disturbed European tour after having committed to me. Now, they had a choice of playing in front of 1,200 of their dedicated fans for a single night or opening for 2,000-3,000 potential new fans each night over an entire tour. That was a no brainer from a business perspective and I of course understood. I couldn't blame them.

That said, it's really hard for me to go back to the well a third time because of the track record.

And Glenn, wasn't it the case that there was no conflict when they signed up for the Disturbed tour initially, but only after a delay was put on the tour that a conflict occured, and Nevermore decided to stick with the tour instead of possibly having to cancel their tour appearance otherwise?

I do hope that you reconsider and try to bring them here again. As many. As we'll tell you regularly hehe.

And Glenn, wasn't it the case that there was no conflict when they signed up for the Disturbed tour initially, but only after a delay was put on the tour that a conflict occured, and Nevermore decided to stick with the tour instead of possibly having to cancel their tour appearance otherwise?

That is 100% correct. The vocalist for Disturbed was having vocal problems and they pushed it back as a result. I believe it ended up being canceled in the end.

Let me step in here on behalf of Nevermore. The band is not to blame and I hold nothing against them personally. I was completely pissed about them canceling on me at PP I. That was simply their management simply deciding to do something else and blowing me off. They changed management within 1-2 years of that if I'm not mistaken.

In regards to the last time, they were offered the opening slot on the Disturbed European tour after having committed to me. Now, they had a choice of playing in front of 1,200 of their dedicated fans for a single night or opening for 2,000-3,000 potential new fans each night over an entire tour. That was a no brainer from a business perspective and I of course understood. I couldn't blame them.

That said, it's really hard for me to go back to the well a third time because of the track record.

So you've asked them to headline IX? :kickass:

Hey Glenn,

It's cool man. I understand. I wasn't dissing the band. Was just saying, that if they were just being dicks, then fuck them. I didn't know all the details. I am still their fan! :D

I personally can't fathom why any REAL Metal band would tour w/a crappy :ill:Alterncrap/Nu Metal-(Poser Metal):puke: band though! But, that's just me I guess. I'd have held out for a REAL metal band, underground-(Iced Earth, for example), or classic-(Maiden, for example) to tour w/, & I doubt highly that a band like NM would have any troubles w/that!

That is 100% correct. The vocalist for Disturbed was having vocal problems and they pushed it back as a result. I believe it ended up being canceled in the end.

If I was a vocalist for a band, & only screamed
like that guy does, as opposed to actually singing, I'd have probs w/my voice too!

I personally can't fathom why any REAL Metal band would tour w/a crappy :ill:Alterncrap/Nu Metal-(Poser Metal):puke: band though! But, that's just me I guess. I'd have held out for a REAL metal band, underground-(Iced Earth, for example), or classic-(Maiden, for example) to tour w/, & I doubt highly that a band like NM would have any troubles w/that!

Disturbed is a pretty good hard rock band and don't claim to be metal. I kinda think ur attitude of how REAL metallers cant be seen with lesser metal though, like that lame Manowar shit

If Nevermore actually end up playing at some point, Zod and I will find a way to dethrone Swordlord from the rail. (Or maybe we'll just say pretty please with kryptonite on top :loco:).

Jason

Not to hard to get on the rail :D But i'll be there with you guys