FNM in NYC

Angrafan

Feb 26, 2002
South Florida
Visit site
Anyone going to the Faith No More show in Brooklyn?

How's the venue? I never been to that one before!

Just bought my ticket today! :) It seems it's the only show in the east coast (so far, anyway)...

I just picked up my tickets too. The venue is a few blocks from my apartment but I've never been to it (I think it might be new?) It sounds nice, so it should be a good time! Glad to hear you'll be making it up for the show :)

I just picked up my tickets too. The venue is a few blocks from my apartment but I've never been to it (I think it might be new?) It sounds nice, so it should be a good time! Glad to hear you'll be making it up for the show :)
The first time I saw the thread title, I was psyched they'd be playing in NYC. Then I read inside and found out it was Brooklyn. :Smug: Us Jerseyites don't consider it part of NYC no matter what the legality of it is. Such a pain in the ass to get to. Where is this venue and what is it like?

The first time I saw the thread title, I was psyched they'd be playing in NYC. Then I read inside and found out it was Brooklyn. :Smug: Us Jerseyites don't consider it part of NYC no matter what the legality of it is. Such a pain in the ass to get to. Where is this venue and what is it like?

Oh come on, look at a map before you complain about where it is ;)

It's not hard to get to, nor is it far into Brooklyn. In fact, it's ON the East River, so it's barely even out of Manhattan. It's a few blocks from the Bedford stop on the L train, which is the first stop in Brooklyn. I live a few blocks away from there and commute in/out of Manhattan every day, so I can verify it is neither far nor difficult :loco:

Make it out to the show and I'll bring you through the local beer garden for a liter of fine German beer! :kickass:

Well, it’s far from the NJ shore unless you’re a crow.
For mass transit, I’d have to take the bus for an hour (if there’s no traffic) to the Port Authority, then another train down to the L. And do it all back again. Major hassle. And the last bus to Jersey leaves at 10PM. Or I could take the train to Penn Station and get another connection from there to the L. Last train to Jersey leaves at 11PM and stops at every town so it takes almost 2 hours. Long time on a train by yourself.
To drive, I’d have to go up the parkway, to 440, to 278 etc. – over an hour drive even if there’s no traffic, which there’s bound to be especially closer to the venue. Parking’s also sure to be a bitch. AND no beer if I’m driving.