For any of the Christian Hard Rock/Metal fans....

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
I'll be doing a CD showcase of the band LEGACY. This Legacy is not the same as several other bands of the same name. These guys were from Ohio, and played Christian Hard Rock/Metal in the same style as older Stryper and some Dokken mixed in.

http://www.myspace.com/legacycolumbus

LegacyBand450x320.jpg

Since the showcase band is of the Christian Hard Rock nature I decided to pull out a ton of what I believe are kick ass Christian bands and do a special show around them. I believe I have added some of the best there was to offer, as well as some of the newer stuff such as Darkwater, Theocracy, and Harmony. From the more popular Stryper to the lesser known stuff like Bloodstone (not to be confused with Bloodgood), and Teremaze.

I may have also left some out so feel free to chime in with some of your favorites as well. I have many many lined up (almost 4 hours of tuneage, and yes I have Whitecross in store). :headbang:

MADMANCHRISTIAN.jpg

Wednesday April 7th 7-10 PM EST.

http://www.themetalmadman.com/tunein.html

Most of the bands I know of are already on that list. Assuming you're focusing in on melodic hard rock & metal (and not extreme metal) that's a pretty good coverage, with the only obvious exception being Narnia (of course it's probably safe to assume most listeners are already very familiar wth them). But one metal band who might fit your bill is Veni Domine.

This looks to be killer! Glad to see other people without blinders on. Metal is Metal

Every Christian band I've ever heard have the same god-awful (el oh el puns) lyric structure. Creed and P.O.D. was the closest thing to an exception I've been able to note.

The topic doesn't interest me, nor would it put me off if I wasn't assaulted by the message constantly.

To each their own, however.

Every Christian band I've ever heard have the same god-awful (el oh el puns) lyric structure. Creed and P.O.D. was the closest thing to an exception I've been able to note.

I really didn't know that Narnia was a Christian metal band until I did some research on them. So they would be another Christan band that wouldn't suck IMHO :)

For the most part, I've been put off by most Christian hard rock/metal over the years. There are some select bands I do enjoy and I'll echo my respect for both Sacred Warrior and Veni Domine.

With that said MM, you need to represent some old school Trouble and a newer band called, Place of Skulls. I've been trying to turn Jasonic on to some Place of Skulls for months now!!! :)

~Brian~

I'm glad to see u have Holy Soldier on the list. Their 1st 2 CDs are killer. Steven Patrick had an awesome voice. I saw them play the Thirsty Whale back in the day, what a show.

I have Sacred Warrior, Veni Domine, and Narnia (as well as Grimmarks other work) as part of the playlist already. I also have some of Rob Rocks other project involvements as well such as Impellitteri, and Laudamus.

I also have Tourniquet lined up. Surprised no one has mentioned them yet. The list on the ad is just a select few but I have tons for the show. Even thrashers "Believer".

Nice to see someone mention Holy Soldier above....I will even play a track from Patricks "Red Reign" project! Cant forget Elefantes "Mastodon" either!

Hey, I listen to you Brian.
You did get me to rediscover early Savatage.

Place of Skulls are ok, but there are a LOT better doom bands out there. Sorry.

To be honest, I am glad that Trouble are not on that list.
They were NEVER a full on Christian metal band.
Brian Slagel felt it would be good marketing to be more of a "white" metal band as other bands at the time were getting darker (IE - Mercyful fate, Bathory, Hellhammer, etc).

The funny thing is that Trouble had successful tours during those eras with Slayer, King Diamond, etc.

You can't find better metal lyrical content than the bible afterall, can ya???

Great idea! Love your selection of bands and look forward to hearing some I'm not familiar with. I'll be tuning in.

Hey, I listen to you Brian.
You did get me to rediscover early Savatage.

:lol:...this is true!

Place of Skulls are ok, but there are a LOT better doom bands out there. Sorry.

Wow, I think they're as good as any of the others.

To be honest, I am glad that Trouble are not on that list.
They were NEVER a full on Christian metal band.

I'm aware that they aren't a "true" Christian band. With that said, I don't think there's a snow ball's chance of the Metal Madman playing them anyway.

You can't find better metal lyrical content than the bible afterall, can ya???

If it's done correctly, then I agree. I just can't stand shallow, praise lyrics. That's what the general Christian audience wants to hear though and that makes those types of bands lots and lots of money! Jesus is big business to the mainstream Christian audience. It's rediculous!

~Brian~