For any of the Christian Hard Rock/Metal fans....

I have Sacred Warrior, Veni Domine, and Narnia (as well as Grimmarks other work) as part of the playlist already. I also have some of Rob Rocks other project involvements as well such as Impellitteri, and Laudamus.

I also have Tourniquet lined up. Surprised no one has mentioned them yet. The list on the ad is just a select few but I have tons for the show. Even thrashers "Believer".

Nice to see someone mention Holy Soldier above....I will even play a track from Patricks "Red Reign" project! Cant forget Elefantes "Mastodon" either!

I've got his "Red Reign" cd. I'm really surprised someone else has heard of it. Awesome!

I am far from Christian, ironically a lot of people think the label is a Christian label. However I do own and listen to a lot of Christian rock and metal bands. But I often find when I do listen to some of it I can only take so much until I'm reaching for some Venom. So of it just gets so over the top evangelical that it is difficult to stomach. Much like the overly satanic black metal bands who never seem to realize they are basically the flip side of the same coin.
But since Christian bands are being noted here I would suggest; Saint, Messiah Force, early Bloodgood, and Believe (who were way beyond their time). Of course there is also the mighty Saviour Machine who finely blend my favorite era of Queensyche (Rage for Order) and The Cure, or Bowie if you prefer.
Also the Messiah ' Final Warning' album is cool too, kind of reminds me a little of Warlord or maybe that was due to the time period.
Oh, there is a band that a guy I was in a band with a few years ago let me hear that sounded like Badlands with a female vocalist. I can not remember their name but it was pretty good.

Stop it with your trollbait.

Well it is true, the Bible provides a lot of material for metal lyrics; Blind Guardian, Maiden, Orphaned Land) but most Christian bands don't seem to use it for their lyrical basis. Which that could be argued that that idea in itself is very Christian lik. Still most Christian rock and metal is nothing more than Amy Grant. It is all praise God, praise Jesus, praise Satan.

Stop it with your trollbait.

Well it is true, the Bible provides a lot of material for metal lyrics; Blind Guardian, Maiden, Orphaned Land) but most Christian bands don't seem to use it for their lyrical basis. Which that could be argued that that idea in itself is very Christian like. Still most Christian rock and metal is nothing more than Amy Grant. It is all praise God, praise Jesus, praise Satan.

But since Christian bands are being noted here I would suggest; Saint, Messiah Force, early Bloodgood

All 3 will be played. :headbang:

Angelica!!!

Well, the debut anyway. Different singers after that. Walkin' In Faith (2nd album) had a pretty good replacement for Rob.

Angelica will definately be played especially since I'm a Rob Rock fanboy, and own and collect anything and everything hes ever sang on. :kickass:

Angelica will definately be played especially since I'm a Rob Rock fanboy, and own and collect anything and everything hes ever sang on. :kickass:

1z1tj49.jpg

He's just trying to push buttons. If you ignore him long enough, he'll go away. :lol:

~Brian~

Fair enough...Though I am not religious in the slightest.
I wasn't sure if he took my comment as trying to be preachy, or whatever.

Just stating that without the Bible, metal lyrics would be VASTLY different than today for most genres, no?

Just stating that without the Bible, metal lyrics would be VASTLY different than today for most genres, no?

This is true in so many ways. First of all without the Christian Bible (the New Testament) the Satan character would not really be an evil guy so that would limit a lot of song themes. Matter of fact he would probably be in song as much as he is in the in the Jewish text and that is not very much. If Christianity did not come along popular music based on Biblical text could be completely different with possibly God being the antagonist.
Point being it would have changed so much; Robert Johnson would have had to sell his soul to someone else and Venom would not know what to name their albums. The devil would never have started playing fiddle in the renaissance and later went on a trip to Georgia.
When it is really considered and pulled apart the Bible and Christianity as influenced and given more subject for music including pop music like heavy metal than any other source. I really hate to admit that because of my views on Christianity, but it is what it is.

MM, I listened to some of your show last night. It sounded like you were playing some pretty cool stuff. With that said, didn't you play a band called, Brave? I like the song alot, but I've never heard of them before.

~Brian~