For any of the Christian Hard Rock/Metal fans....

MM, I listened to some of your show last night. It sounded like you were playing some pretty cool stuff. With that said, didn't you play a band called, Brave? I like the song alot, but I've never heard of them before.

~Brian~

I like Brave a lot, probably my second favorite female vocalist under Kate Bush....Well at least in my top ten with Kate number one.
They always made me of a jazzier 10,000Maniacs. Lyrically it gets really girlie like middle school poetry. If one liked that poorly written After Forever about mall kids or whatever then there will be no problem here. Not suggesting it is that bad though. But the band and vocals are top notch.
I never knew Brave were a "Christian" band though it would not surprise me at all.

I like Brave a lot, probably my second favorite female vocalist under Kate Bush....Well at least in my top ten with Kate number one.
They always made me of a jazzier 10,000Maniacs. Lyrically it gets really girlie like middle school poetry. If one liked that poorly written After Forever about mall kids or whatever then there will be no problem here. Not suggesting it is that bad though. But the band and vocals are top notch.
I never knew Brave were a "Christian" band though it would not surprise me at all.

I didn't hear the show, but I believe he's referring to The Brave, which was a male fronted Christian band.

I should have guessed it was a different band, actually I have seen that moniker used by a few bands.
By the way at Sounds of Purgatory we carry several Christian bands, even have a seperate catagory for them.

I didn't hear the show, but I believe he's referring to The Brave, which was a male fronted Christian band.

Yeah, this band didn't have a female lead singer. From what I could tell, it was your typical early 90's hard rock sound.

So, it was The Brave. I'll try to do some research to figure out who they were out of curosity.

~Brian~

Yeah, this band didn't have a female lead singer. From what I could tell, it was your typical early 90's hard rock sound.

So, it was The Brave. I'll try to do some research to figure out who they were out of curosity.

~Brian~

Do you remember any of the lyrics? I might be able to identify the song, they only had 2 albums.

I will be posting a full playlist tomorrow.

The band being asked about is "The Brave" and the CD is called "Battle Cries". One of the many great bands released on the Pakaderm Records label (run by the Elefante brothers). The song was "If that ain't love".

http://www.heavensmetal.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=20007&CDName=Battle+Cries

Cool, that was a great show and I'd like to take a look at the playlist, definitely some stuff I need to pick up! One thing I really liked was that Legacy...

Cheers,

Neal

Cool, that was a great show and I'd like to take a look at the playlist, definitely some stuff I need to pick up! One thing I really liked was that Legacy...

Cheers,

Neal

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! :headbang:

As promised here is the playlist.

Legacy - Salvation Is Law
Harmony - Remember
Angelica - Only A Man
Messiah Force - Call From The Night
Recon - Lost Soldier
Legacy - Live It
Bride - Beast
Regime - Borderline