Gamma Ray - Chicago 2-3-11

Oh, yeah, and I completely forgot that the most Giordano's I probably have eaten in the past 5 years was from going to Metal Haven actually. :)

I rmemeber the thin crust from the one across from metal haven was decent but there deep dish just is anything compared to Malnotti's or Gino's.

When in Chicago I say, give me Malnotti's or give me death!

I need to be able to get Chicago style pizza in Connecticut at a place other than UNO's. *sigh*

Take a road trip to Elizabeth, NJ. Al Santillo's there is what I would call the best east coast pizza I've ever had and while not deep dish is on par with Malnotti's in goodness.

That said, don't unlock your doors in that neighborhood or stay longer than necessary to get your pizza.

There are 3 to 5 feet snow drifts outside my townhouse complex. I made it to my car eventually.

179470_1823046304543_1491800131_32087536_3167946_n.jpg

The airports / UPS and FedEX and the Metra trains are not working. I am at work, waiting for stuff to kick back in. No restraunts are even open in the Loop today.

Airports are running just not at full capacity. O'Hare has 2 runways open servicing 36 airplanes an hour, they're normally at 120 per the news conference I just watched. They said Midway was running as well. Its just a matter of time before they get some more runways cleared up.

The winds have died down quite a bit snow removal now is no longer a loosing battle.

but now it is supposed to get really cold and the snow will freeze and turn to ice. So hopefully the runways and planes dont get covered in ice. Keep us updated with the show info though Shreddy.

We easily got over 2 feet by my house.

I had a gutter detatched from my house, as well as some siding ripped off.

Now we have snow that will turn to ice on top of the roof. Fun!

There will still be a LOT of long term impacts, such as ice and eventual flooding.

I'm still snowed in on my court by a wall of about 6 feet of snow cause the hero at the end of the entrance to my court used his snow plow attachment on his truck to clear the snow in front of his house and a few others. Unfortunately he moved all the snow into the court and now their is a 6 foot wall blocking us.

here's a pic

photo.php

I cancelled my vacation day and am working till 7. I will cab it over to the show if it happens since I am right in the Loop. If it doesnt....I didnt lose a vacation day. It will all work out for me in the end.

I cancelled my vacation day and am working till 7. I will cab it over to the show if it happens since I am right in the Loop. If it doesnt....I didnt lose a vacation day. It will all work out for me in the end.

Good idea on the cab.
Still not sure I will make the drive even if it happens.
Gonna be a nightmare either way.

Good idea on the cab.
Still not sure I will make the drive even if it happens.
Gonna be a nightmare either way.

If the show does go on, let me know if you want to try to meet up and drive down together. I work in Countryside/La Grange and was planning on going right after work (if I can get to work tomorrow).

Edit: The plows just came! so I should have no problem getting on the road.

I did send an email to the venue to see if they know what's going on. Definitely will let you know if I hear anything.