Greetings from the Orphaned Land!!!

Excellent point, yeah -- the live EP that comes with Mabool is sweet! If you can't fit any acoustic stuff in during your regular set, you could always regale us with some acoustic renditions during the pre-show party on Wednesday. :)

(I've got a few djembes and a doumbek or two you can borrow if need be. :D )

JayKeeley said:
As much as I love Mabool, I hope you guys play some of your earlier death/doom material too. We need something guttural to clear out the bowels of the PP venue....tune down and play it heavy as fukk. :heh:

I'm with JayKeeley on this one Kobi - I would love to hear a mixture of the lushness of the songs on Mabool mixed in with the crushing sound of many of the tracks on El Norra Alila. In my opinion, that would truly give the audience a taste of the diversity Orphaned Land is capable of. Progressive and Power all in the same package.

Hi Kobi !

I hoped to see you march 25th here in Monterrey, with Tristania and Kreator, but i see you only play march 26th in Mexico City, not Monterrey, but no problem ,anyway I'll see you in Atlanta !! ...I'm anxious to see you !!! Mabool Rules !

Grettings !!

I find it rather amusing that there's people getting angry/unsettled because there's not enough progressive at the concert, yet they ask a band that has a lot of progressive material to play the power material :p

bhcompy said:
I find it rather amusing that there's people getting angry/unsettled because there's not enough progressive at the concert, yet they ask a band that has a lot of progressive material to play the power material :p

Well, I for one am much more of a "power" material fan than a "progressive" material fan. But to be honest, the "power" material displayed by Orphaned Land should not in any way shape or form be considered akin to traditional "power metal" ala Stratovarius, Edguy, Helloween, etc.

Also, I know JayKeeley is more of a fan of the heavier stuff as well (not sure about DementiaGuitar), so I'm not too sure that your point is accurate here.

Sure Dark One, but then again stratovarius, edguy, and helloween all sound different too.. melodic vs 80s sound and so on

Oh yeah totally - I was just trying to convey that requesting the "powerful" or "heavier" material from Orphaned Land was not necessarily a request for a traditional "power metal" influenced sound. In fact, I would say that OL's heavier material is more "progressive" death metal than "power" death metal. If that even makes any sense. LOL

Look- I think that the combination of the aggresive, progressive and traditional elements is exactly what makes OL's music so unique. And ofcourse they should play some non Mabool tracks as well, because it's always interesting to hear where a band is coming from and how they developed.
I was fortunate to see OL play the whole of the Sahara album last year in Israel, this was the first album OL I ever bought and I love it till this day. The great thing was that they had some new arrangements for the old material and it sounded very good. They keep reinventing their own music by adding or changing- listen to the acoustic set which is on 2nd the Mabool cd and you know what I mean- and seen in this way there is also a progressive element in their "old" stuff.