Greetings from the Orphaned Land!!!

It's really great that Glenn was able to make this happen. I cant believe that we get to see this band. Suffice to say that the floor will be jammed with people on Friday night.

Kobi - I'm new to OL's music, but after seeing the announcement last night, I had to immediately order a copy of Mabool.

I am very intrigued by your band from only hearing samples. I very well not be able to miss seeing you guys perfom live.

congratulations..and September can't come fast enough! \m/

Kyle

Kobi, I think it's safe to say that you and your bandmates will be in for a warm welcome here! :headbang:

I was exchanging emails and thoughts with Glenn last year about bands I could possibly sponsor for PPUSA this year, and, knowing my diverse, progressive tastes, he mentioned Orphaned Land. "I've heard the name, but haven't heard them yet."
"Dude, go out and pick up Mabool right away!"

So, of course, I did. Hell, this IS Glenn we're talkin' about. :D

Mabool almost instantly became my 2nd favorite CD of last year (beaten out only by Ayreon, and that's TWO CDs, with a stack of people involved, some of them friends o' mine)....and Orphaned Land quickly became one of the bands I most expected to be sponsoring this year, from the lists I was sending to Glenn.

When I heard I was sponsoring Therion instead, I thought "Uh-oh. This might mean no Orphaned Land......" --But at 8pm on Monday, what I was hoping to see on the ProgPower site appeared. I was 'estatic.' :worship: :worship:

We've been playing songs from Mabool regularly on WREKage, too. It's Atlanta's only real metal radio show, every Friday evening, with a few thousand listeners.

This great news about you playing PP gives us a good excuse to play a lot more, too. :Spin:

Thanks again everyone - we always dais in our interviews, for ages we all heard bands from Europe, US, South America and none from the Middle East, finally we made it and I hope a lot of bands from this region will follow us, the combinations of cultures we make is very intresting though it's very hard to preform it on stage, we will not bring much out of it to the PP show as our tour party will need to be with 20 people :) but I can assure you that in any form of preforming, Orphaned Land will bring you the desert storm in music.

Can't wait,
Kobi.

Kobi,

The Middle Eastern culture blended with the style of music you play is what makes Orphaned Land so special and unique to our ears. It is so heartfelt and genuine and it truly comes across in the sound. You have much to be proud of. Thank you so much for being able to bring us this gift, and I hope that other bands are soon able to share this gift as well. Your efforts will go a long way in helping to make that happen.

Jason

As much as I love Mabool, I hope you guys play some of your earlier death/doom material too. We need something guttural to clear out the bowels of the PP venue....tune down and play it heavy as fukk. :heh:

Hi Kobe, I was amazed to hear that the band is from Israel. I've heard of Habreira H'ati'vit but never Orphaned Land. I finally heard an mp3 from Mabool and it was great. I'm looking forward to seeing you live at progpower this year.

Donna

toda ravi for your music:wave:

Listened last night and went out and found a copy of Mabool that's arriving tonite for me. The clips on the site are great, hope the rest of the album is as good.

Orphaned Land will bring you the desert storm in music.
For some reason that reminds me of Precious Jerusalem

You guys are gonna be swept away by the raging storm Orphaned Land is bringing... Just wait and we will see...

Like I said before.... We better start building the ark...

I don't think this would be or is an issue, but just out of curiousity, are the members Jewish and is playing on a Friday Evening (Shabbat) ok?..I just mention this as I'm jewish myself, but not too observant, and actually last year the festival took place on the 2nd day of Rosh Hoshannah.

Kyle

Well, I would say they are from a jewish background... but religion does not seem to be a problem for them... I'm pretty sure that he would answer it to you a little better...

But as far as their background, most are jewish, according to what I know (I may be wrong though)

Habrera ha'tivit are one of my favorite Israeli bands! (it's not really metal my friends...)
I guess our music is some reflection of Jerusalem - mixed city, 3 religions, war, just name it :)

Sure thing we are all Jewish, but our music, concept and way of living is a one of combination of all together, you should check our sound, lyrics and concept in order to get the way we live, spreading our messages to everyone who wants to hear them will happen in anyday as far as it's up to us (exept maybe Yom Kippurs holyday)

A new Video clip for the song Norra El Norra will be posted somwhere soon,
Cheers everybody,
Kobi.

If you're still reading this Kobi, the live cd as part of Mabool kicks serious ass. I hope you guys do at least a tad of the live acoustic stuff at PP, sounds amazing and a good break sometimes