Greetings from ORPHANED LAND!!

Morticia NL. said:
Damn, I feel so proud reading all the comments about the Orphaned Land show.

Hey Nathalie! Good to see you made it home safe. Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you more, but definitely keep in touch for next year! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures.

I got a setlist from their acoustic show, had it autographed later (thanks, guys!), and promptly packed it away before scanning it or taking a photo of it. :( It's either in a box here, or in a box about 35 miles away at the new house.

Duh. Oh, well.

Pellaz said:
I got a setlist from their acoustic show, had it autographed later (thanks, guys!), and promptly packed it away before scanning it or taking a photo of it. :( It's either in a box here, or in a box about 35 miles away at the new house.

Duh. Oh, well.

So that move is done? Does that mean you're heading to Day of the Equinox in Toronto now?

Morticia.... I think I remember seeing you at Progpower during Orphaned Land. I could be wrong, but there was a girl in the camera section infront of the rail with long blonde hair like yours headbanging and one of the securities told her to stop. If that's not you, you look like the girl who I asked to take my picture for me when I found Eden. So if THAT was you you're the one who took my picture. If not, sorry!! :)

That's the girl I mentioned on the other thread, who wouldn't stop headbanging and annoying some good 5 people in front row with the hair... Also, pretending to belly-dance (forgetting that you have to move your whole body, not only the upper part...LOL hilarious)...

I don't mean to be a dick to you, it's just that it really bothered me and other few people...And I understand you flew some good thousands of miles to see the show... that won't make you better than anyone nor it will give you the right of bother other people while enjoying the show... Sorry, I felt it'd be better for me to just say it instead of keeping it to me...

No hard feelings though.

Kobi,

Being a musician of 20+ years I can understand wanting to perform a perfect reproduction of a CD recording live. While it may of upset you that you didnt have all the backing parts from the CD the show was still a very very powerful performance and experience for all of us. There was such energy from the stage that the backing parts were not missed. Thank you for the great show!

I hope to see you guys back here in the states soon.

Ed

In this case, I hope I did not annoy 5 people when I pulled myself on the rail during Hunting High and Low from Strat and did head twirls.. I have long hair too.. and I'm sure it was smacking a few people in the face.. :p

Hi Vanessa! nice to meet you here ;)
i was worse, i had been doing headbanging all throught the sets for 2 days - same as the last time 3 years ago! i would have been annoying too!
but coming from Japan, i'm sooooo used to headbanging and i wouldn't care if someones hair whipping me or not- so i never thought my headbanging would annoy the others.... and i guess the same can be said for someone from Europe. i didn't think she whipped the others faces on porpose or for her pleasure :erk:

3 years ago, i noticed not many people doing headbanging... and now i understand why. it's regarded as a bad manner in metal concert! i'll be careful next time. old people would say, do the romans do when in rome.

and also about the dance, i did the movement like dance while listening to Angra and Orphaned Land..i'm schocked to know if someone saw me doing that and thought hilarious... i'll be careful about it too!!!!

Today i've learned a lot about the difference of metal cultures. now i'm wiser :D

junnie from the east said:
and also about the dance, i did the movement like dance while listening to Angra and Orphaned Land..i'm schocked to know if someone saw me doing that and thought hilarious... i'll be careful about it too!!!!

Today i've learned a lot about the difference of metal cultures. now i'm wiser :D

As one who danced from a seated position, dance as you want, don't mind what these other guys are saying. If that is how you enjoy your music, then by all means, I say enjoy it. I think it was pretty respectful to be moving from the waist up, instead of stomping all over people. I do the same thing if I'm in limited spaces, just enjoy yourself.

ok, good to hear that! i don't like moshing or stomping all over either, it doesn't fit this style of music i think. thank you for your opinion frealchylde.

i had to say in the former post, that i enjoyed Orphaned Land set very much! and Kobi, if you don't get that disk you mentioned, please feel free to tell me, i can contact him anytime!

Thank you for the wonderful show (inspite of the PC problem) hope to see your show again somewhere in the world :)

I don't think headbanging is bad manners - I was just careful where to do it. I did it a lot during Therion because I had empty space in front of me at the railing...if I was in the main crowd, I probably wouldn't have done it, and that would've sucked. I know people like don't have my hair in their mouth, and I respect that, most of the time. It would've been nice to have some swinging room during Orphaned Land :erk:

Thinking about people headbanging during Therion, to me the following example shows why I like the "ProgPower culture." During Therion's set, there was a guy leaping up and down like a wild man beside me and a female buddy of mine. Of course, he was also conscientious enough to apologize and in general trying to be polite while going bonkers for a GREAT FREAKIN' BAND!

2 Excellent shows from OL. Both will be candidates for ProgPower legendary performances

I hope it sets a precedent at PP of acoustic preparty set and electric mainstage gig. My only disappointment during the electric set was the lack of a graphic curtain backdrop.

Anyhow Kobi and OL: I will be speaking to my NYC contact at Emanu El sometime after the high holidays once things calm down. If I pull this through, you can say second US gig soonly I hope. I might need to bribe my contacts with OL cds, esp El Norra Alilla and Sahara ;)

Yo Adrien ProfoundLore Bunny: Did Ararat sell out yet?